Saturday 30 October 2010

The Hangman's Tree - By Hels Sheridan

Goodly Morning Peeps! Tis me, Hels, with yet more Hallowe'en stuff... I know, this year I have gone a bit Hallowe'en bonkers and today is no different... in fact... I have some "treat" news... yes, indeedily, the Spooky Pumpkins hanging ATC that was up for grabs last week now has a new owner. Using Random.org, I popped all the numbers into the mix, asked the nice man at Random.org to chose a number out for me... and the number picked is #11 - which belongs to the comment left by GINI. Please can you email me your deets and I will pop the ATC into the post for you :O))



So... today's spooktastic offering is made up from those divine Art Parts from Wendy Vecchi... now, I have spoken to Jennie about these here Art Parts... they are currently out of stock... however, if you give Jennie a call she will be able to take a pre-order over the phone - call 01795 531860. Right, business side of it done, I can wax lyrical about how I made this... well, what shall I call it? Erm... Art ...doesn't seem the right word to use... how about... hommage to all things spooky? LOL



I covered the Art Parts with papers from the Retro Grunge stack (I have to say... I LURVE this stack... mainly cos the papers are perfect for just covering stuff and not having to ink the whole lot... lazyness abounds aplenty LOL) Once the components were covered, I then went on to cut out a Picket Fence Alterations Die using Mountboard... this was coloured with Distress Inks and then curled and fashioned around the middle of the Art Part. Oh and I forgot to say... the Art Parts had a few of Tim Holtz's Hallowe'eny images stamped onto them too :O))



Next came the time consuming bit... I wanted some mini pumpkins... and haven't got any charms or embellies that would work... so I hit on the idea of making some... using Fimo! Now, Fimo and I have not had the best of relationships so imagine my delight when it moulded really well and turned into a pumpkin... never one to look Mr Ed in the chops, I decided to make a few more... and then got all ambitious and made some toadstools too. I have made some... Fly Agaric... there, aren't I clever knowing the proper name??? Not really, Mr Google helped me ROFL The skelingtons were a lovely RAK from Joanne and I knew as soon as I saw them that they were destined for the Art Parts piece that was in my head... so THANK YOU to Joanne... she is a sweety! Well, that's all folks... thank you for looking... have a grand weekend... TTFN

Hels x

PS - just remembered... if you fancy, you can click to receive an email newsletter from The Artistic Stamper... keeping you up to date with all the new arrivals and special offers too... the button is just over there on the sidebar :O))

15 comments:

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

This is absolutely spooktastic.. love the skeletons.. need some of them! Adore your pumpkins too.. now have to find my fimo..
and yes the art parts will be available again soon :))

Andrea - Wales, UK said...

A - MAZ - ING!!!!!

A. xx

Joanne said...

Spookily inventive piece. Fimo and me never had a relationship so I Ebayed mine ages ago. Adore how you broke up a skelly making it all even more spooky. Imagination eh! yours is fantastic.
Luv Joanne xx

Tracy Evans said...

Fantastic Hels, I absolutely love your pumpkin's, can't believe they are made out of Fimo, so realistic. This is a fabulous piece for Halloween and would look great as a centre piece on a table, love it. Tracy Evans x

Anonymous said...

Totally brilliant! Lovely pumpkins! ;o) xx

Artyjen said...

Spookilicious art parts ;)
xoxo Sioux

Helen said...

don't think I've ever tried fimo, but your pumpkins are so cute.

Carmen said...

Brilliance! Just absolutely ADORE this.

Lynn Stevens said...

WOW Hels and this coming from someone who didn't do Halloween, So glad to see your in the SPIRIT of things!!!! teeheehee ,Happy candy day!!

Siobhan Brignull said...

ur creativeness seems to know no bounds, fantastic piece, please tell me you dont work as well, cos I dont know how you would find the time to create all your delicsiou thingy ma jigs <:)

MayJay said...

Wow! this is just fantastic. I adore all this altering but am a real novice totally in awe of some of you real artists. Mayxx

Von said...

WOW Hels that's amazing !!!

Gini said...

Wheeeeee I'm so chuffed to be the winner of your spooktastic ATC! Thank you so very much!!
Love your hangman's Tree!
I would never have guessed your great pumpkins and toadstools were made out of Fimo, have never seen the stuff in the flesh myself. Bending mountboard fench around the base of the tree is inspired I particularly love that part.
Gini
xx

Noreen said...

Art doesn't always have to be arty - sometimes it can just be fun, as this is. Fun idea!!=

TinaB said...

Fabulous!!! Stunning work Hels xx