Hello everyone, this is Astrid here with my first project for September. A quick and simple card that has a spine so you have space to add embellishments inside.
The Artistic Stampers stamps are great for making your own back grounds, but on this occasion I decided to use some stamps for focal images and use some paper from my stash as backgrounds to them.
Here is a list of the stamps I used:
Gibson Girls Plate 1
Girl with Clock
Journaling words 11
Calligraphic Mat 12
Other products available at the Artistic Stamper:
Brushed Corduroy, Antique Linen
From my stash: Scrapbook paper, Kraft card, little roses, Spellbinder dies, seam binding
Here is how I made it:
1. Cut a piece of Kraft card to 81/4 x 5" and scored it at 4" from each side along the 81/4" side. This gave me a 1/4" spine in the middle
2. Fold along the score line, ink the edges with Brushed Corduroy, you now have a kind of book shape.
3. Cut 4 pieces of your chosen paper to 3 3/4 by 4 3/4", distress and then ink the edges with Brushed Corduroy and glue to both the outside and the inside of your little book card. For the back cover make sure you glue on a piece of ribbon underneath
the cover paper first.
4. For the front of the card, cut a piece of stamping card to 3 1/4 by 4 1/4 stamp one of the Gibson Girls in Archival black and then mask. Overstamp the Watches Background with Brushed Corduroy and then colour the girl with coloured pencil and blend Brushed Corduroy ink around the image. Distress and ink the edges If you add some shadow around you main stamped image it will make it pop.
5. Glue a second piece of ribbon to the font of your little book, taking care it is at the same height as the back and then glue your stamped panel over it.
6. Time to embellish the front: Stamp a second stamping of the Calligraphic Mat on to white card, then stamp the word Dream from the Journaling Words ll plate over it. Cut a strip around the word and then ink and distress and curl the edges. Adhere to the front together with some little die cuts and roses as shown in the picture.
7. For the inside, stamp the girl with clock on some paper in black archival, cut out and colour with coloured pencils. glue to the side and embellish as shown.
8. For the other side stamp the traveling words onto a square piece of paper and ink the edges. Add glue around 3 sides and stick down to form a little pocket. Next stamp the label from the labels plate, cut out and ink the edges. Embellish with a little rose and some ribbon and tuck inside the pocket. The back of the tag can be used to add a personal message.
I still added some "pearls" with a pearl pen and a little diecut to finish it all off. Tie your little book card with the ribbon and you are done.