Monday 4 October 2010

Thank You CAS! By Sioux Jenneys

**Pssst... tis me... Hels... just wanting to say... a HUGE warm welcome to Sioux... we are very honoured that Sioux has joined our Creative Team... I will shut up now and hand over to Sioux who has made some DIVINE art for you to look at!**


Hello everyone! It's great to be here for the first time sharing what I love doing best with you all :)


I know it's not like me.....you know how very messy I can get don't you?!
But I thought this divine Gibson Girl from The Artistic Stamper deserved to shine on her own :) so this "clean and simple" card evolved.


1. Stamp the Gibson Girl 4 in Distress Ink Rusty Hinge onto watercolour paper for a bit of added texture.....tatter the edges and ink with Distress Ink Walnut Stain then blend Distress Ink Pumice Stone round the edges with Cut and Dry Foam.

2. Place the stamped square on the card front and lightly mark in pencil where the top and bottom corners are on the base card.

3. Mask off a portion of the Punk Plaid background stamp with sticky tape


.....ink it up with Distress Ink Brushed Corduroy
(I used black to take the photo so that it showed up better)

4. Take off the sticky tape!!!!
(Don't laugh...I've forgotten to do that important bit lots of times!)

5. Stamp the plaid over one of the pencil marks.

6. Repeat steps 3, 4 and 5

7. Add some Prima Pearls PM300692 and a sentiment of your choice.

Job Done!

I hope you liked my first post here :)
See you soon!
xoxo Artyjen

9 comments:

Glennis F said...

Fabulous

Helen said...

Great stuff, Sioux!

Daniele said...

just simply lovely....and just saying hi..... looking forward to seeing your projects

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

a gorgeous first piece and welcome to our world :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, love what you have done. S xx

Siobhan Brignull said...

what a clever technique, masking the stamp off, shall be using that in the future

Hels Sheridan said...

Love your first post and it is TRULY fantastic to have you on board hun x

Anonymous said...

She's fabulous Sioux! x

Sid said...

Fab card Sioux !