Tuesday 1 March 2011

March Challenge - Spring Has Sprung

Good Morning Stampers... a pinch and a punch as it is the first of the month... ooh and Happy St Davids Day to all our Welsh readers too! Today see's the launch of a brand new challenge theme... first of all though, I would just like to say a HUGE thank you to each and everyone who joined in with February's challenge... there was plenty of lurve out there I can say! Jennie will be announcing the winner of last month's challenge on Thursday, so please do check back :O)) This month the challenge is Spring. To join in with the challenge, all you need to do is make a piece of artwork - it can be anything that takes your fancy, add in the theme and some rubberstamping and then leave your link on the Frog Link below... oh and please do leave us a comment so I can hop on over to see your entry! As usual, there is a prize on offer for one randomly picked entrant. The prize this month is £15 worth of Artistic Stamper rubberstamps plus the KlingOn to mount them onto. The winner will be chosen using Random.org and announced on April 3rd '11.

We have a new Guest Designer joining us this month... I would like to welcome Gerrie Johnnic to the team! Also, I would like to say a HUGE thank you to Sue Roddis for her amazing arty contributions to the team this month - to see more of Sue and Gerrie's art, just click on their names.

Here are the Creative Team's entries for your inspiration :O))

Minxy - went all green on us and recycled some packaging from Tim's Idea-ology (which is a fab idea for using acetate!), an old wooden frame, Distressed Stripes Background which was stamped onto Retro Grunge paperstack, the Birds of a Feather and Free as a Bird sets, Claudine Hellmuth Stickyback Canvas and Shrink Plastic.





Sioux used those mightily fine Studio 490 stamps to make a collage hanging piece which was cut using an Alterations On The Edge Ornate Die. The papers used are from the Lost & Found paperstack... and how clever, Sioux has circled the 21st - which is the first day of Spring :O)




Alison has made these beautiful earrings... using the Insects & Butterflies plate with some Shrink Plastic - I love these colours, sooo pretty and Springlike




Hels... I made a tag for my entry using Antique Linen Distress Stains to colour the base of the tag, then colouring over the top with Wild Honey and Crushed Olive - the Antique Linen underneath is then revealed with the spritz of water I sploshed over the top. The stamping is done with Forest Moss Distress Stain so it is smudgey and then Peeled Paint Distress Inkpad so the fronds are crisper. I used the Insects & Butterflies plate to add little butterflies. I added some little cloth flowers I handmade which were finished with Idea-ology Accoutrements. The title was made using the ChipBlock Alterations Die. Finally, the tag was edged with Walnut Stain Distress Ink to close it in.



All of the goodies used on the artwork is available from The Artistic Stamper. Thanks for looking... have a lovely inky month! TTFN

Hels x


19 comments:

Caroline Hallett said...

loving all the DTs work... I have some lush flower stamps from Artistic stamper so I shall get my thinking cap on for something spring like... or maybe with springs as they are steampunk flowers... oooh the possibilities - just need some time! and of course getting the idea out of my head and on to paper is usually a tortuous process too!

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Gorgeous artwork from everyone, and something toget my mojo working::))) It has sprung off to the other side of the world:(( lol

Helen said...

Great variety of Spring ideas here, love them!

Charli said...

Lovely DT designs, all so different.

Will have to have a little think and get some springtime inspiration - goodness knows I'm glad to see the back of February!

Happy March everyone!
Charli x

Neil said...

Great challenge and fab inspiration. Definately had fun with it!

1CardCreator said...

Lovely spring pieces, I'm looking forward to seeing Gerri's work featured here as well.

Joanne said...

I haven't joined in for a while but thought I would get off my butt and have a go at this one as all the DT samples motivated me.
Joanne xx

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Believe it or not just found this challenge blog...super inspiration from the DT..amazing work!

BarbaraW said...

So glad I found your site thanks to your guest designer, Gerrie. The DT's work is really inspiring.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Great pieces from the DT. Had to join in this challenge, after all who isn't looking forward to Spring. I have created a couple of pieces. Take Care, Tracy Evans x x

Elaine said...

Great selection of art this month. I've added a bright and zingy scrapbook page.

margaret said...

Trying this for the first time, love springtime and Artistic Stamper.

Fliss said...

Gorgeous work ladies and love all the variation.
x

JinkyK said...

I just added my entry for your Spring Challenge. It's a Spring Butterfly Easter Basket. I only did a minimal stamping which was the sentiment. Hope it's ok!

Laura said...

Oooh I do love 2 sticks. Great to be able to use them again.

Maggie said...

Just posted my link for this challenge love all the DT ideas

Marjie Kemper said...

Love all these great pieces. Just entered a tag myself. Now if only the snow would truly melt and spring would show herself...

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a wonderful theme. I love springtime and waiting for summer ;)

Becky said...

Some lovely work girls a lovely theme. Have added my link.
Becky x