Saturday 21 May 2011

Comfy by Sioux Jenneys

Hi folks! Like a bad penny I'm back again to share a fun little hanging piece for my bathroom door just in case I forget where it is! LOL :)

'Tis ultra simple so not much waffle from me today.


1. Stamp the "Aufully Comfy" image in Archival black and colour with your chosen medium.

I've opted for my favourite way......water colouring with Distress Inks in broken china, aged mahogany, scattered straw, wild honey, brushed corduroy and walnut stain......the green was made with a mix of the blue and the yellow inks.

2. Just to add a bit extra I used an embossing ink pen to outline the watch and embossed with gold then filled the middle with a touch of glossy accents.


3. Cut the letters from the Crowded Attic paper stash using the Vintage Market die and attach with silicone glue just so that you can move them a bit till they are just right!

4. Cut a slightly larger dark blue card mat and an even larger light blue card mat and use a corner rounder on all of them before attaching the layers together.

5. Punch two holes to thread the hanging fibres through and knot the ends.

6. To make it more robust it might be an idea to laminate it, if you have access to a machine, before threading the fibres.



He certainly does look comfy...hope he is not going to hog the bathroom all night! LOL

I'll be back at the beginning of next month (June).....where is the time flying too! :)
xoxo Sioux

6 comments:

Helen said...

So sweet, Sioux! Love your colour choice for this, too.

Helen said...

So sweet, Sioux! Love your colour choice for this, too.

craftytrog said...

I absolutely love this Sioux! It's adorable, think I might need one for my bathroom! xxx

Kat said...

how cute is this,
grate door hanging,
love the colours,
Kat.

Minxy said...

Oh this is totally adorable, I see i'm not the only one who thought to make a door sign, and I hadn't seen this post b4 i did mine either lol
great minds!!

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Just gorgeous :))
xx