Thursday 19 May 2011

Do Not Adjust Your Colour...

...Goodly Morning! Another day and another Mabel Lucie Attwell stamp for our special "Mabel Month of May" feature. This time Coming Up Daisies is making another appearance.




I wanted to make my card vintagey so opted for the sepia tones achieved with just a few Distress Ink pads. First of all, Mabel was stamped with Coffee Archival ink and then watercoloured using Frayed Burlap, Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain Distress Inks. This technique is really simple and very effective... all you need to do is squish your ink pad onto a non stick craft sheet and use a waterbrush or wet paintbrush to collect the ink and then paint it onto the image. I have found that if I use my heat gun to quickly zap the painted part, it allows me to add shading as the card doesn't become too saturated with water.



The flowers I have added to the card are the three sizes of Stitchels Dotty Dot flowers, stamped with Coffee Archival and inked with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and then layered up together. The sentiment was stamped also in Coffee Archival and you will see I got a little bit... exhuberant (!) with the edge distresser to the point that I tore some of the paper so had to disguise with a flower over the tear!



I hope you like this card... please feel free to use the design as a sketch... if you do it would be lovely if you popped back to let me know! Thanks for looking... TTFN

Hels x

9 comments:

Minxy said...

Love what you've done, very sweet and i love your use of background stamps too :D

Sherry Goodloe said...

This is really nice - love the vintagy (that's a word right?) colors.

craftytrog said...

Beautiful! She looks lovely in sepia Hels! xx

Sid said...

Love your sepia toning on this one !!

Artyjen said...

'Tis gorgeous....really like the colours :)
xoxo Sioux

fatmonica said...

It's lovely.The colour is so effective!

Kat said...

this is gorgous,
I love the flowers you have made,
colour is fab,
Kat.

uhooi said...

Uhooi,,
Waw,, This kart is very pretty, sweet and nice,,

Uhooi.blogspot.com

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Love the vintage colours on this :))
xx