Saturday 24 September 2011

Flower Garden by Alison Hall

Hello Stampers! Today I have a piece of hanging art to share with you. I've carried on the theme of this month's Artistic Stamper Challenge, which is Numbers. There's still time to take part if you haven't already. I've also used Tissue Tape, which is currently on special offer on The Artistic Stamper website HERE.

For the blue background, I first painted a piece of 10 x 7 inch mountboard with Claudine Hellmuth Modern Red Studio Paint. When this had dried, I applied Picket Fence Crackle Paint all over it. Once this had dried, I carefully dotted Faded Jeans Distress Stains all over. I put a dollop of Studio Matte Multi-Medium on my craft sheet, then painted this all over the stained crackle, which helped to blend the Distress Stain, & once dry, would seal the crackle in place. A few bits came away, showing the red paint beneath, which gives it a cool distressed look. Once this layer was dry, I used cut & dry foam to apply Peeled Paint Distress Ink to the edges.

The background for the flowers is a piece of 6.5 x 4.5 inch mountboard. I stamped the numbers background from the Family Values Plate four times, then applied Peeled Paint Distress Ink to the edges. I used an On The Edge die to cut a border out of mountboard, for the flowers to sit in. I painted this with Peeled Paint Crackle.

I cut some Mini Rosettes from some paper from Tim Holtz's Seasonal Stack, then applied a strip of Tissue Tape all along the straight edges, before making up the rosettes. For the stems, I wrapped Tissue Tape around some wooden coffee stirrers, then coloured them with Meadow Alcohol Ink. I stamped Stitchel Dotty Dot leaves onto green paper from the Seasonal Stack, then cut them out. I glued the flowers to the number background, added the green border, then stuck this to the blue background.

I punched some butterflies out of the Seasonal Stack paper, then added tiny silver buttons (coloured with a silver krylon pen) to their bodies. Then I added silver buttons to the flower centres.

Finally, I punched holes in the top of my artwork with a Cropadile, added silver eyelets & some wire to hang it with.

I hope you like it, I had fun making this piece!
Thanks for looking,
Alison xx

12 comments:

Artyjen said...

Lurve your flowers Alison ;)
xoxo Sioux

shirley said...

OOOOh! This is fabulous!
Love the distress look and the flowers.

Yvonne said...

WOW!!! This is a STUNNING piece of hanging art of you! I love your crackled background, great to see the red coming through. I love the flowers, love the tissue taped coffestirrers (what am I going to "find" this Monday at work ...) and the butterflies are great.
So, just AWESOME!!!
Love Yvon
And of course, thanks for your clear description!

Helen said...

Love this, both the big background and the numbers background. Those rosettes make great flowers. Hope to see you later! Getting ready right now...

Von said...

Super dooper creation Alison :)
Von x

Gisèle said...

this is F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S, love that crackled background !!

Sid said...

Lovely little hanger !!

Kirsten Alicia said...

That's beautiful!!

Jennie Atkinson said...

Fabulous! I just love the distressed background but the flowers are just stunning! Jennie x

hazel said...

Ablolutely fabulous Alison - I love everything about it.
xxx Hazel.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

wow, I'm missing words, that's a wonderful hanging. Love the crackled background.

Kat said...

Alison, love this wall hanging,
it reminds me of a spring for some reason,
Kat.