Tuesday 27 September 2011

Hanging out! by Nicky Cresswell

Hay Stampers.. 
Here I am with my last piece of the month
I have to say that the Tissue Tape product focus this month has been a bit challenging for me as I had not really used it b4, So I think I got as much inspiration as you guys did with all the amazing things the team came up with this month. So a big round of applause to my fellow teamies xx 
Right onto my project:
 I opted for a simple little wall hanging as I had a piece of corrugated card just sat on my desk wishing to be used up!
I covered a piece of 4x6 card in the ticket tissue tape from the journeyman set.
Next I stamped the large fab family scene from the 'family values' set onto a piece of acetate with stazon ink
{I used a mix of brown & black}
I placed the acetate image over the tissue taped card, but the image just faded away, so I gave the tissue a coat of picket fence distress stainand that really made the image pop but the cool thing is your still able to see the tissue images which makes for a fab muted background.
Then it was just a case of assembling it all onto the corrugated card, Adding some hanging holes and a couple of Timmy die cut flourishes.
And your done.
I hope you liked my last project of the month
Until next time: 
Stay Inky

6 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Ooooooh ! I LOVE that ! I seriously wish i had more money to invest in some.of this tissue tape! It looks a fantastically versatile product. Sadly i'm on a very strict budget at the moment so just have to get what i can when i can! THIS is next on the list!!!

Thanks for sharing.

Jackie x

Gabrielle said...

I love tissue tape - so versatile but I havent done this - genius idea as usual!!!

Sid said...

Love your acetate overlay on the tape !! Fab !

Artyjen said...

Great idea! The picket fence seems to be as useful as the tissue ;)
Must give it a go soon.
xoxo Sioux

craftytrog said...

This looks so cool Nicky! Great idea! xxx

Jingle said...

Wonderful piece!