Friday 9 September 2011

Out and About by Alison Hall

Hello Stampers. Carrying on the current Monthly Challenge theme of Lucky Numbers, here is a card for you. I've also used lots of tissue tape, which is on special offer at The Artistic Stamperwebsite HERE.


To begin, I spritzed a square piece of white card with Crafty Notions Kingfisherliscious colour spray. Next, using a Sissix Elegant Flourish die-cut as a mask, I spritzed over the top with some diluted vintage photo reinker. I stamped the quote from The Open Road Stamp sheet all over the background, using coffee archival ink. I laid the inked flourish aside, to use as an embellishment.

I stamped the cycling ad from The Open Road stamp sheet onto card, using coffee archival ink, then coloured it with broken china distress ink, then cut it out. Then I used black archival ink to stamp a couple of the tickets from the stamp sheet, one onto a ticket die-cut, & one onto some Tim Holtz Kraft Glassine paper. I stamped & cut out the words 'out and about', then used walnut stain distress ink to add colour to these pieces.

I covered a couple of random 'lucky' grungeboard numbers with tissue tape, & inked the edges with walnut stain DI.

To put my card together, I stuck some torn tissue tape to my background, added a metal corner to the top left, then glued the image, tickets, words & numbers in place. I added the flourish to the bottom right, then stapled a small piece of film strip ribbon to it, using a tiny attacher. I attached a philosophy tag to the top right, using a long fastener, then glued my artwork to a square card blank.

Thanks for looking! xx

8 comments:

Sid said...

Nice one Ali !!

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is great, love the brown and turquoise together and the way you have used the tissue tape,

Lucy x

hazel said...

Fabulous work Alison, I love it.
xxx Hazel.

Inkypinkycraft said...

Really fab, I love blue and brown together, love the use of the flourish as a mask! Trace x

Artyjen said...

Love your Lucky number piece ;)
xoxo Sioux

Kirsten Alicia said...

That's terrific, I love the vintagey, grungeyness of it.

Dragon said...

It's very interesting
Frankie
xx

Minxy said...

Love the moody background :D