Monday 5 September 2011

SPICE UP YOUR CRAFT ROOM

Hi all,
Kat here, AKA Kat's craft creations

This months focus for the design team is on tissue tape,
you can grab some Here at a great price.

I found an old spice rack in a charity shop
& thought I could alter that for my distress stains
& this is what I came up with.


The spice rack was already painted in a glossy green paint
(that wouldn't cover so I went with it)
I started by stamping the words randomly all over
from the creative art thoughts stamp set


Then stuck the Tissue Tape to all the edges of the spice rack,

I embellished it with flowers made from


in wild honey & tumbled glass
the leaves are cut from a sizzix die
& coloured with peeled paint Distress Stains


I added sparkly gems to the centers
& some stick pins,
I arranged & glued it with
super glue & silicone glue


& there you have it!
Easy Peezy lemon sqweezy (lol)

Here's a picture of some other things
that can fit in my spice rack
(I am definitely going to look out for more
spice racks to alter & house all my bottles & jars in them)


Hope you liked it!

Just before I go I would just like to say a big
Thank you for all the lovely comments
I have recieved on the projects I have shown so far
they are so much apreciated,

I will be back on the 15th with my second project,
hope to see you there!
Have a creative day
Kat x.







21 comments:

Glennis F said...

Fabulous project - I am all for re-cycling

paperpapier said...

I love the spice rack aka craft storage...absolutely artsy and beautiful as a display on table top too! Brilliant idea and very creative!

Helen said...

Great idea, love the decoration.

Miranda said...

Great idea Kat, now off to go to the recycle shop.......thanks for the inspiration, greetz, Miranda

Astrid Maclean said...

Love the idea of this!! Your altering is gorgeous and I am as green as your original rack with jealousy for owning that number of the stains! They look fantastic all sorted by colour on the rack!

Emma E said...

Love it!! I saw one of those in a charity shop in Bath recently and ummed and ahhed as I wasn't sure what would fit on it ... didn't get it in the end ... If i see another one I'll snap it up lol!

craftimamma said...

What a brilliant idea and fabulous project. Love all the flowers and leaves.
Hugs
Lesley Xx

Ali said...

What a fabulous idea for storing bottles in the craft room! I have a whole bunch of distress stains, paint dabbers, alcohol inks, stickles, spray inks etc etc that are in desperate need of storage... I'm off to my local Oxfam in search of spice racks! :D

Ellen said...

Wowwwwww Kat, GREAT IDEA, looks amazing!

Hugs,
Ellen

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful creation, so useful as well!!

Gabrielle said...

Such a brilliant idea! I am currently on the lookout for genius storage solutions so to be able to take an old spice rack and make it looks so brilliant is just the sort of thing I've been looking for! Thanks!

Dragon said...

What a great idea, and so well executed
Frankie
xx

Kirsten Alicia said...

Great idea & a beautiful end result.

Sid said...

Super idea to find alternative uses for a spice rack. Great decoration and versatile too !

Liz said...

Love the spice rack - fantastic idea

Kathy Eddy said...

Wow, what an amazing transition Kat! I love it. I wish I had more wall space in my studio so I could keep mine like this.

Vick said...

WOW......what a clever little idea, that a lot of us wouldn't have even thought of which is the exact reason i love looking around others blogs for inspiration and why i say thank god for the internet, used in the right way, it has a wealth of inspiration and interests, especially for those that can't get out and about much, namely, moi! thanks for this brilliant idea, i am not ashamed to say that i would have walked by that spice rack and never thought of it again, and thankyou for people like yourself who make us sit up and pay attention to these little gems in the charity shops and by buying them we also do our good deed for the day by raising much needed funds for that particular charity shop!
thanks again, i am a massive fan of Shabby Chic and love recycling ideas so i will be on the lookout for a spicerack soon myself LOL!!!
Crafty Hugs, Vick xxxxx
www.the-artful-codger.blogspot.com

Minxy said...

Your project is just awesome Kat, your so so creative x

Kat said...

Thank you all for such amazing comments on this piece,
it was fun to make,
so glad you liked it,
thanks again,
Kat x.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous Kat!xx

Artyjen said...

Great place for the storage :)
xoxo Sioux