Thursday 15 September 2011

Tissue Tape Your Drawers By Kat Fullman

Hi all, yes I know another naff title (sorry) lol

Anyway I'm back today with my second offering of the month to show what you can do with Tim's fab TISSUE TAPE So here it is.


I bought a job lot of these & they have been sitting on the
craft room windowsill ever since just waiting to be covered.
because the draws are fairly tight I couldn't recover them with paper
as I first intended,
& because it has a plastic type surface any paint would just chip off.
I had the brain wave of using tissue tape,
so these are the stages (pretty self explanatory really)

The draws before I started,


I covered the draws with the tissue tape,
but took it all the way round to the back,
so it slide nicely into the box,


next I covered all the edges of the box part
with the tissue tape,


so far so good, slides in & out nicely,


for covering the box part
I cut white card a couple of mm smaller than the surface,
for all 4 sides & the back,
in Rusty Hinge, Wild Honey & Vintage Photo,
& the C268 Stipple 4x6 background stamp
& got all 5 pieces of card to this stage in Photo below,


I then grabbed lots of different background stamps


& stamped different ones on each of the pieces of card,
before I stuck them down, I took Walnut Stain Distress Stain
& rubbed it all over the areas that had
Tissue Tape on, to colour & age it.



Stuck it all together, & there it was, done.


I think it needs something on the draw fronts
just not sure what? any ideas!

I'll be back on the 25th with my last
tissue tape idea,

Just before I go
I would like to say a huge thanks
for all the amazing comments that were left
for my spice rack project,
I was tickled pink to read them all.

 have a good one!
Kat x.

13 comments:

Catherine SIWCZAK said...

this is fabulous ! thanks for sharing this great idea

Kimbo said...

Thanks so much for this. I have several of these sitting at the back of a cupboard so need to get them out

Helen said...

Your drawers look great! I've left all mine plain.... one day I really WILL do something to them... yeh, right!

Sid said...

Great idea and they look fantastic !!

KatzElbows said...

Gorgeous. I love the drawers and that it's a simple technique that looks anything but!

craftytrog said...

So cool! I love it Kat! xx

Gabrielle said...

Such another cool idea - you are indeed a queen of altered storage! Will go and do this on a few drawer sets I have from IKEA!

Dragon said...

Not sure I want to tissue tape MY drawers!!! tee hee.. this is a fabulous project again and the set looks so nice when finished
Frankie
xx

Artyjen said...

Your drawers look fabulous Kat! LOL
Love the backgrounds you did.
xoxo Sioux

Maria said...

Beautiful! and I have one of these!!! Guess what I'll be doing shortly! Maria x

Minxy said...

Another super storage sensation, love it :D

Alison Horne said...

Have to pop to Blade Rubber on the way home from work to pick up more tissue tape now, to emulate your fantastic drawers. If only it would work on my ACTUAL drawers as most of them seem to have gaping holes, I blame the dukan diet. sorry, too much info as usual.Good excuse for a big knicker shop though, [and I mean BIG].x

Liz said...

Your drawers look fantastic, will have to keep my eye out for some similar to that so i can have a go as well.