Tuesday, 15 November 2011

A Quick Distress Stain Card - By Kat

Hi all, Kat here,with project number 2 for the month;

I have been trying out all different techniques with the
fab Distress Stains on offer for this month only HERE

Although there isn't a lot to say about making this card, the technique I used (direct to stamp)
amazes me every time, when you lift your stamp off the image is so crisp & clear.

I placed the background stamp
face up on my desk,
dabbed the distress stains
(Dusty Concord, Peeled Paint & Broken China)
onto the stamp, then spritz it with water
I then layered my card onto the stamp,
& pressed down gently with an acrylic block
I then peeled it off & dried it immediately with a heat gun,
I matted & layered it onto the card as shown in the picture,

I then used the same colours of distress stain to
colour the flower layers, once dry I glued them together
then added a vintage button,
I attached some velvet ribbon to the card
then added the flower,
lastly I added a rub on.

and there you have it!

I'll be back on the 25th
I think I'm going to make another XL tag,
I'm really liking them at the mo,

see you then Kat x.


Sid said...

Lovely colour combo !!

She said...

Hi Kat, what a lovely card. S xx

Artyjen said...

Pretty colours :)
xoxo Sioux

craftytrog said...

So clever & beautiful! I love it Kat! xx

Emma said...

Very pretty card and the colours are stunning. Beautiful work...
Love Emma xx