Sunday 5 February 2012

Flowers Dance by Sioux Jenneys

I seem to be in journal page mode just lately so today I'm here to share just that! :)

I don't know about you but I do like to get mileage out of my stamps ;)...
...and by that I mean being able to make something completely different from the original intended use!
I was playing around with the solid leaf stamp from Flower Power and got very excited when I managed to make some flowers instead...it's a simple little thing but it made me happy :)


1. I used Adirondack pigment inks in wild plum and sunset orange to simply stamp the leaf image three times for each flower (no masking involved).

2. Coloured the background with water brushed neo colour crayons (you could use Distress Ink instead as a water colour)

3. Stamped portions of the Music stamp over the background in Distress Ink brushed corduroy and lightly brushed over it with the wet brush before quickly giving it a blast with the heat gun to stop the ink bleeding too much and degrading the image beyond recognition!

4. Drew in the stems with neo colour and a shadow using a charcoal pencil all around each flower.

5. Stamped the Scrabble letters in Archival black, cut out, attaching them to the page with Studio Multi Medium Matte and gave them a hint of colour with watered Distress Ink in antique linen.

6. Stamped the Dance sentiment in Archival black too.



Ooh! Making that made me happy :) See you again soon!
xoxo Sioux

12 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Oh ! That's lovely. I have that set and never once thought about doing that with it!

Thanks for sharing.

Jackie x

Cath Wilson said...

Very pretty and a great idea. Those colours work so well together x

Sid said...

Lovely colours and looks very pretty !!

Helen said...

I think this is just gorgeous, love your flowers.

Joanne said...

You making that made me happy too. Such colourful flowers on a freezing foggy morning. Will be using that tip for sure.
Hugs Joanne xx

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Oh this is gorgeous!

greetings, Alie :-)

Kirsten Alicia said...

Very pretty!

Crafting Queen said...

Great way to use the stamp. Love the colours. :)

Emma Williams said...

Such a gorgeous piece, so pretty and perfect for cheering us all up on these dull, cold, snowy days! xx

craftytrog said...

Love your page Sioux, the colours are stunning! xox

Jennie Atkinson said...

Love the colours Sioux - just a gorgeous page and no wonder it made you feel happy!

Weasel said...

Such a pretty page, I love the scrabble tile letters!