Wednesday 22 February 2012

Passion and Desire by Sioux Jenneys

I'm sharing a journal page today :)


1. The background started off with having sprayed a page with Distress Inks in peeled paint and shabby shutters I found there was just too much of it so got out the large sequin waste closed background and swirls from Swirls, Splats and Dots A5 and got ink onto them and stamped them on a blank page. I then made sure the inks were really dry and, using an ink blending tool, added Distress Ink faded jeans over the whole page.

2. I stamped the woman from the Nudes plate in Archival coffe onto white card then tore the edges and inked it with Distress Ink vintage photo and a touch of black soot then stuck her to the page.

3. The words "Passion" and "Desire" from the same plate were stamped in Adirondack pigment ink wild plum and watermelon and the open circle from Swirls, Splats and Dots used Distress vintage photo.


4. I used Distress re-inker black soot and an old fashioned pen nib to hand write the words

"I've got this yearning burning feeling inside me!"
Which all fans of Motown will recognise ;)
By the way do water down the re-inker 50/50 with water or it takes forever to dry...
...I just mixed it straight on an acrylic block!!!



See you again soon!
xoxo Sioux

8 comments:

Netty said...

Smashing page, x

Sid said...

Great design !!

Joanne said...

Your imagination is amazing to me. Brilliant page.
Hugs Joanne xx

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful, love that you used your own writing.

craftytrog said...

Ooh! I say! A fabulous, expressive page Sioux! Love it! xox

Janny Jager said...

A very very nice page.

Greetings Janny

Emma Williams said...

Fabulous page...really imaginative, I love it!
Love Emma xx

Dragon said...

oh la la!!! I wonder if I should report this blog content!!?? tee hee... actually, its a fab creation
Frankie
xx