Monday 12 March 2012

Dance Plaque by Sioux Jenneys

Hello everyone! It's my turn again and I'm here to share an art plaque that I have been playing with :)



1. The base is piece of sticky back cork attached to some grey board and cut with the Mover and Shaper die.

2. The hanging banner bit is cut with the Regal Crest die using grey board which was then coloured with Distress Ink wild honey and over stamped with the Mini Polka Dot background in Distress Ink vintage photo.

3. I stamped and heat embossed the Inspiration jar image onto a matching chipboard shape with copper powder and coloured the lid with Distress Ink black soot and the jar itself with wild honey.

(I find it easier to line up if I lay my stamp on the table face up and apply the chipboard to it)

4. I then stamped the watch from the Watches Set with Archival coffee onto a chipboard shape and applied glossy accents to the watch dial.

5. I then cut one of the tags from Tiny Tags and Tabs using Claudine Helmuth sticky back canvas that had been coloured with a spray of ink and attached to some grey board and stamped the sentiment from the Dance plate in black Archival.

I do like all the different textures.


6.The dancer from the Dance plate was stamped onto some grunge board using black Archival and cut out.

7. I cut some letters from the word die using a piece of cardboard packaging but I forgot to turn it the other way up and was left with some of the printing on the letters but decided I liked the effect and kept it that way and added some colour using Distress Ink aged mahogany and brushed corduroy before applying some glossy accents.

8. Everything was assembled using either glossy accents or silicone glue and an adage ticket was fixed to a memo pin to finish off.



Ooh! Making that made me happy :) See you again soon!
xoxo Sioux

8 comments:

craftytrog said...

Fantastic piece Sioux! The text on the letters looks fab! xox

Joanne said...

Reading how you made it and seeing it made me happy!
Hugs Joanne xx

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful piece Sioux, it all works so well together.

Sid said...

Loving the whole thing especially the glossy letters !!

Kirsten Alicia said...

That's fantastic!

Kat said...

love your plaque, it's fully loaded
with loads of gorgeousness,
Kat.

Neet said...

Love it, absolutely love that lettering at the top. Rusty Hinge - my fave! Well done you, this is fab.
Hugs, Neet xx

Emma Williams said...

A fabulous piece of artwork...I really love this, Sioux!
Love Emma xx