Wednesday 18 April 2012

Create Canvas by Alison

Hello Stampers! Today, I have a steampunk canvas to share with you.


I started off by applying a thickish layer of Studio black gesso to a 6x4 inch canvas board. I dried it slightly so that a skin formed, then stamped various steampunk images into it. Once the gesso was completely dry, I painted it with red pepper, aqua & gold paint dabbers.



I used Tim's Alterations to die cut a variety of cogs, then double embossed some with bronze UTEE & some with platinum UTEE. Whilst the UTEE was still molten, I stamped into the bronze cogs with a clock image from the Tick Tock plate, & the platinum ones with the mini lattice wire background. I layered some of the cogs with Ideaology gears & game spinners, then glued them to the canvas, using Studio matt medium.

I stamped the 'Create' definition onto cream paper, edged it with the aqua paint dabber, then distressed the edges & inked with walnut stain distress ink. I used matt medium to glue it to the canvas.

Finally, I used a cropadile to punch two holes in the top corners, then added eyelets & some chain to hang my canvas.

Thanks for looking,
Alison xox



17 comments:

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...one word...amazing...Melxx

Dee in N.H. said...

Wow! Love the way you added the clock faces! What a stunning piece!

Inkypinkycraft said...

This is fab!! Stunning , love it ..love the way you have stamped into the utee and used two colours!!!need some black gesso I think?! Fab hugs trace x

Jenny Marples said...

Love this piece Alison. Got to have a go at embossing/stamping cogs. Hugs, Buttons x

Helen said...

Love all the cogs! I meant to get some black gesso on Saturday - something else on the list I forgot...

Sid said...

Fab canvas !!

Artyjen said...

Great clock/gear additions ;)
xoxo Sioux

Jennie Atkinson said...

Fabulous Alison!

Art By Wanda said...

Very cool!!!

Gabrielle said...

This is fabulous! Love the steampunk theme - and how the dimensions were added! Very clever Ms H!

Janny Jager said...

Wowww this is beautiful Allison.
I love Steampunk.

Greetings Janny

Anonymous said...

That is fantastic!!!

Emma Williams said...

Another gorgeous piece with stunning detail...I love it Alison! :)
xxx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fantastic piece, great details.

Marjie Kemper said...

Awesome gears! I was trying to figure out how you'd texturized them... LOVE this!

Vick said...

Oh WOW Alison, i have just started doing canvasses myself, and i look for inspiration everywhere and this canvas of yours certainly caught my eye and is inspiring me so thankyou for that, it is a superb piece of art!! The last time i used my canvasses, i was painting landscapes in oils 10years ago, lol, how times have changed!! Excellent piece of work, Hugs Vick
the-artful-codger.blogspot.com
YT vixcrafts

Minxy said...

Very cool indeed, love the texture on the gears x