Wednesday 6 June 2012

Phineas Pinchbeck's shop window.

Hi there. Zuzu here...
Well here I am with my very first full post as a member of the Artistic Stamper's Creative team... Cant tell you how pleased I am as it was on my mission statement a year ago. (A mission statement I announced only to a few close craft friends and it was more fairytale imagination that expectation.) So I MADE IT... lol

Today I have an altered shadow frame. Its made from one of the "papier mache 3D frames" (I used a deep one for this project).  I covered it on the inside with old book pages. I covered the frame part, with sheet music that I had rusted, in a rusty tray with vinegar, a few days beforehand. As its a Papier mache frame, I treated the papers I was covering it with in a similar way. I wasn't too precise and i put them on in bits, just forcing it to mould into shape by getting it wet with the glue.
when it was all dry, i stamped out the crow collage stamp on to another bit of text paper and collaged him on to the background.
The next step was preparing my jars. I used the chipboard shapes to go along with the stamps. I used some antique linen distress ink on them first, as they were too white for this project. I stamped the empty jar out on to the chipboard and then again on to paper to make a mask. I cut out the centre of the mask so that I could stamp the crow in to the jar. I then coated it heavily with Ultra thick embossing powder to give it a glass jar look, by coating it in Versamark ink first... now the crows head looks a bit like a specimen steeped in some chemical fluid inside an old jar. (well sort of lol)

I treated the second jar in much the same way but without the need to create a mask. I then stamped out Phineas Pinchbeck a few times and cut him out to mount him on my verdigris patina column. I used a second image of him to just cut out the clock part to mount it in front of the column to give a 3D look.. and a third image of him, was used to make the sign at the bottom (middle) of the frame.

Next i used some distress inks to colour a piece of plain cardstock (I used rusty hinge and scattered straw). when it was dry I stamped on some sheet music in brown (so that it carried on the theme from the music paper on the frame)  and then stamped on the bunting in black. I cut it out and glued it at an angle to the top of the frame. All that was left to do was fill the frame up with clock type items and rusty bits and bobs....

Z x


Supplies Used from The Artistic Stamper:

3D frame HERE
Phineas Pinchbeck stamp and Jar stamps HERE
crow stamp HERE  (scroll down )
Bunting stamp HERE
Music stamp HERE
Jar chipboard HERE
Distress inks HERE

20 comments:

Lorraine said...

wow what a fab creation alll the detail is beautiful i just love the steampunk look this is a work of art xx

Zuzu's Blog said...

Thanks Lorraine :)

Dragon said...

OOO I LOVE it
Frankie
xx

Jacqueline said...

THAT is stunning!! Love all the rusty bits and pieces....thanks for sharing.

Jackie x

Jenny Marples said...

Gosh, so much work has gone into this! It is stunning and is gonna take a lot of looking at so I don't miss anything on it. Thanks for sharing, hugs Buttons x

Astrid Maclean said...

Fab piece Zuzu, I totally adore the treatment you have given those jars, such a cool idea! Great first project!!

Artyjen said...

Fabulous opening piece....'tis full of creative elements ;)
xoxo Sioux

Jennie Atkinson said...

Wow!! Fabulous project, so many different ideas and techniques. I love the ideas for rusting!

Joanne said...

WOW! Amazing, incredible, love it to bits.
Hugs Joanne xx

Minxy said...

Awesome job Z, love all the elements and congrats on your DT place, you deserve it x

Candy C said...

Louise, this is an amazing piece! ALL of your work is amazing, though. :) Love the steampunk look and feel of this frame! It's just fabulous! And congrats on your DT appointment! They are lucky to have you! :) <3 Candy

Catherine SIWCZAK said...

gorgeous frame !

whyducks said...

A great piece!

Sandra's Spot said...

A Fabulous and amazing project. Rust paper in vinegar? whatever next, you are clever. Sandra X

Janny Jager said...

Wowwwwwwwww Amazing
Greta piece of Art

Greetings Janny

Lori said...

Absolutely stunning, gorgeous, steampunk work of art! LOVE it!

Ephemera said...

Hi Louise, love it, so gorgeously rusty, those jars are fab, eek the thought of a crows head, absolutely fantastic first DT piece, I can't remember if I've said congratulations or not for your new post, anyhoo I'm saying now BIG CONGRATULATIONS. xxx

Marjie Kemper said...

What a gorgeous creation! I can't get over how you did the jar... it looks totally 3D and REAL.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful!!!!!

Emma Williams said...

A truly stunning creation...absolutely fabulous!! Welcome to the team... :)
Love Emma xx