my blog and leave a comment there too. As all teamies are doing the same, make sure you leave comments on their posts and blogs too if you haven't done so already.
Now to my project: I decided to alter a box; it is the Papier Mache Wave Box
Now before I tell you how I altered it, I first want to mention that this project was inspired by the work of my team mate Zuzu We both live quite close together and when I visit her house I always get totally inspired by all of her beautiful boxes, so thanks Zuzu for the inspiration!!
So this is how I made my box: First I coated both the in- and the outside of the box with Gesso. Next I painted it with some Burnt Sienna acrylic paint. For the inside of the box I took a piece of ordinary A4 copier paper and stamped the Ephemera #1 plate all over it in 3 colours of Archival Inks, Jet Black, Vermillion, (in some small patches, hard to see on the photo) and Coffee Brown, I then sponged some Distress Inks in Antique Linen and Tea Dye over it, to give it an old and faded look and then lined the inside of the box with this paper.
For the outside I took some tissue paper and spritst it all over with various brown ink sprays, including Dylusions melted chocolate. Once it had dried I glued it in strips all over the outside of the box and distressed it further with the help of various metal coloured embossing powders. I also added some strips of Prima Printery Papers from my stash which I distessed with some ink to blend them into the background.
Next I used some gold acrylic paint and painted it over a small piece of smooth stamping paper and once it was dry I stamped the wings and one of the crowns from my main give- away stamp set, the Crowning Glory set in Jet Black Stazon Ink. I cut them out and glued them with a vintage image from my stash onto the box.
I added one of the Tim Holtz word bands and one of the Time Pieces and various other bits and pieces from my stash
Creative Art Thoughts on some other bits of scrapbook paper and glued them to the side of my box.
I found that the box was just the right size for an altered spoon I made (hence the spoon image at the bottom of the box)
|Here is the spoon|
|Here is the spoon in the box|