Well by now I'm sure you'll all know that we are celebrating this month with fantastic give aways to mark the second anniversary of the creative team blog. All you need to do to win the two stamp sets I have chosen is to leave a comment here or on my own blog here, or both if you want to be in with two chances.
Just as a reminder these are the two stamp sets I have chosen:
This time I am showing you a notebook I made.
I'm sure like many of you passionate about paper crafting, I am always walking about with ideas buzzing around in my heads for projects to make. So often though, I forget them again by the time I get round to actually doing them. Solution? - Create a book with blank pages to keep track of them. The front cover was made by covering a piece of 6 by 81/2" piece of card cut from a cereal pack with a piece of old scrapbook paper from my stash. I covered it with some texture with the help of Viva Terra, corrugated card and some wisps of gauze fabric, using pva glue. Once this had dried I brushed some watered down Gesso over it and then added some strips of paper which I had previously stamped over with the Ephemera 1 plate. Next I added some thin washes of acrylic paint and then added some more Gesso in places and a bit of random stamping with the Swirls, Splats and Dots plate. The next step was to stamp the central panel Creative Art Thoughts on a piece a stamping paper with Archival Black ink. I then inked over it with 3 colours of Distress Ink, Brushed Corduroy, Broken China and Vintage Photo, to match my background colours. Time to embellish:
The heart was created by cutting out a heart from black Fimo and stamping the Calligraphic Mat 12 into it. I made the wings by stamping the wings from the Crowning Glory plate onto Mirri card, cut them out and glued them in place as shown. I added various other embellishments from the Ideaology Findings range as well as some bits an pieces from my stash. I then sprayed various glimmer mists all over them until I was happy with the result
Now all that was left to do was making the inside pages and separating them with some file tabs and putting the whole thing together with some book rings.