Friday 28 September 2012

Birds of a Feather by Lori!

Hello again! This is my final turn on the Creative Team here, sniff, sniff. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here, and I want to thank you for the lovely comments on my projects.
I have a few projects for you today...I couldn't decide on just one!  Here's the first:


I used the Birds of a Feather and Free As a Bird stamp sets here. The house bases were cut with the Sizzix house die, then covered with 7 Gypsies Conservatory paper. I also used the Sizzix On the Edge dies on the roofs of the houses, and the Bigz Branch Tree (one branch!) for the bird perch. Oh! And some pleated tissue tape under the roof of the big house.

And, here are some cards that I made using the Gibson Girls Small plate and Birds of a Feather set.

I used diffuser plates to allow for a flat stamping surface.  Then, some distress ink and extra embellishments for the finishing touches...simple but beautiful!

I'd like to thank the wonderful crew at the Artistic Stamper for having me during the month of September, it's been a fantastic experience!

16 comments:

Diane Rooney said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Love that first one in particular.

Nancy said...

VERY nice! I love the bird cage - beautiful!!

SusanK said...

These are just lovely! It's a different look for your art; you can tell you enjoyed creating the pieces.

Neil said...

They are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Alexandra said...

These are lovely, beautiful stamps. I love the wee bird houses, they're gorgeous! These cards are very pretty too.

Astrid Maclean said...

Gorgeous creations all of them and such lovely colours!!

Helen said...

It has been wonderful seeing your art here, these are absolutely fabulous! Hope you're allowed back one day soon!

Kathy Eddy said...

Gorgeous stuff Lori!

Words and Pictures said...

Completely scrummy! Love your little trio of houses, the papers and jewel like colours; and the cards look great - diffusers have to go on my Christmas wish list I think!
Alison x

Netty said...

Terrific creations Lori, love them all. x

Sarah said...

From the bright, chunky houses to the gears and now softly colored beauties...all of your projects have been so different and so wonderful. You have done a fantastic job as a guest artist, Lori!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pieces Lori! Especially love your birdhouses!
Alison x

Marjie Kemper said...

Gorgeous projects, Lori! You sure showcased those stamps. I love the birdhouses, especially, with their funky rooftops.

Art By Wanda said...

Beautiful!!! Everything is beautiful!!

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is fab! I love it!

Lucy x

Janny Jager said...

Wowwwwwwww this is beautiful
Love it

Greetings Janny