Friday 14 September 2012

It's A GEAR-eat Canvas by Lori!

Hello! Here I am again, with my second project for the team!
And by the way, I have to credit my friend Michael for that title!

Being as how I really love Steampunk and more specifically...gears, I chose to create an 8 x 10 inch canvas for this project.  Here's the stamp sets I used:
Slow and Fast
Phineas Pinchbeck
Cogs Background
Tick Tock Flowers

And here we go:



Here's some close ups of the various areas, I used mini canvases on top of the big background canvas.
Here you can see I mounted the Slow and Fast stamped on manilla card onto a rosette painted with metallic paint, then aged with some black paint. You can also see the black UTEE, that I stamped the Cogs Background into while warm.  I inked the stamp with copper pigment ink first.
Phineas looks pretty grand on top of the rosette, doesn't he?  I just happened to have a gear that fit round the clock perfectly, and then I filled it with Glossy Accents.

I used the Tick Tock Flowers set to create the flower. I painted some card with Viva Ferro paint, then stamped the flowers and heat embossed with black embossing powder.  A vintage button tops off the center!

The initial canvases were treated with Ver Day paint and solution to give that rusty, old metal look.  I used the Gadget Gears die to cut A LOT of gears from chip, and treated them with the metal Crackle paints. When they were dry and cracked, I swiped over them with some black paint.
Thanks for stopping by...I hope I was able to inspire you to....get geared up and make some art with your favorite products from The Artistic Stamper!

28 comments:

CraftyJo said...

Wow - absolutely fabulous :)

Scrapthat said...

Awesome job!! Love your canvas!

Sarah said...

Wow, Lori!!! You outdid yourself on this one. It really is GEAR-eat!

SusanK said...

Jumpin' Jehosaphat, gf...that's one smokin' piece of art! Would love to see it in person!!!!!!!

Nancy said...

Love this!!!

CuddlyBunny said...

I don't have the words ... this is just ... it's wondrous!

Neil said...

Absolutely fabulous. Love all the layers and textures you've achieved! Thanks for sharing.

Jenny Marples said...

Such an inspirational piece Lori. Thanks for sharing, hugs Buttons x

Astrid Maclean said...

Brilliant piece of steampunkery! Love it!!

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...awesome make...loVe what you have created here with your super chosen ingredients...Mel :)

Helen said...

Lori, it is gorgeous!!

Maggie said...

Stunning!!!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous canvas, wonderful texture and dimension. So much wonderful interest and details to this piece Lori. Tracy x

Kathy Eddy said...

What a wonderful canvas Lori! Awesome job on this!

Gabrielle said...

Love, love, love this Lori! Fab-u-lous!

Janny Jager said...

WOWWWWWWWW what a great steampunk canvas Lori.
Love it.

Greetings Janny

Netty said...

Am not a fan of Steampunk Lori, but loving your brilliant creation, Annette x

flutterbycrafter said...

Stunning, fabulous piece

Marjie Kemper said...

Lori, that is one gorgeous canvas! Love all the texture and your fantabulous gears... beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic project Lori! xx

Nancy Lynn said...

Awesome....Gorgeous....Beautiful...Fantastic....Outstanding and I could go on and on.... Way to go Lori. I love gears a lot too.

Tracey-B said...

This is really lovely and right up my street. There's so much texture and depth! Love it!

Art By Wanda said...

Amazing!!!

Words and Pictures said...

Wow, wow and then wow again! This is outrageously brilliant - love it!!
Alison x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Hands down...it's my new fav or yours!!! Love that you used Verday...I love that stuff!!! All of the mega amounts of gears are fantastic for this amazing mechanical work of art!!! AWESOME!!!!

Alexandra said...

WOW!! Absolutely fantastic Lori, what a busy time you've had. Thare's loads to browse over and yet more catching my eye. Love this canvas, especially love the huge flower, the gears, colours, texture... you get the idea, great piece! Love the title too btw, lol

Artyjen said...

That's fabulous! :)
xoxo Sioux

2amscrapper said...

WOWZERS!