Thursday 22 November 2012

Altered book by Titbelsoeur

Ca va tout le monde ?
This year, I participated in a Circle Journal swap with French friends. My topic was the Universal Exhibition of 1900 in Paris. To store the pages I have received, I altered an old book.
The first half of the book is made with the various pages, and the second half hosts a niche I glued some things into, such as buttons, cogs and so on...

A page :

the covers :

the niche filled with little treasures :


The Gibson Girls I love so much are stamped here and there, clearly or shadowy. No acrylic paint in this book, only Distress inks such as Tumbled Glass, Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain.

Would you be interested in viewing the awesome pages I received from my friends, just pop up to my blog @ http://titbelsoeur.blogspot.fr/

I hope you like my altered book
thanks for stopping by, 
I am looking forward to reading your comments ! 
A très bientôt !!

8 comments:

Helen said...

Beautiful book, I am off to see the other pages!

Astrid Maclean said...

Great idea! Love your spread! Off to see some more pages now:o)

Artyjen said...

The Gibson girls are so nice on your Paris pages :)
xoxo Sioux

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Great artwork!!!

greetings, Alie :-)

Mme PiNat said...

I just love it !!! This is gorgious dear friend :-) Love, Mme PiNat

Janny Jager said...

Great and beautiful Artwork.
Love it.
Greetings Janny

Words and Pictures said...

Absolutely glorious - just been looking at this over at Titbelsoeur - wonderful work!
Alison x

Jennie Atkinson said...

Wow this is amazing! I've just been and looked at the other pages too - what a wonderful book!