Tuesday 13 November 2012

Merry Christmas Tag


Hello everyone, Astrid here with my first Christmas project. At the moment I am a little bit addicted to making tags, and they are such a handy thing to have around come Christmas. 

I started by blending Weathered Wood, Broken China, Chipped Sapphire and Brushed Corduroy Distress Inks over a Size #8 Manila Tag. I then gave it a few spritzes here and there with some Perfect Pearls Forever Blue mist to give it a bit of glimmer. Next I gold embossed the Calligraphic Mat 12 all over my background.
I cut a Tim Holtz  On the Edge Distressed Doily  from white card stock, distressed it a bit with some Vintage Photo Distress Ink and then glued it to the edge of my tag as shown in the photo. I  created the main panel of the tag by stamping and embossing  one of the images of  Christmas Plate 3.  I first embossed it in a mix of black and copper embossing powder and then coloured it to match the rest of my tag. I mounted it on a slightly larger piece of Kraft card. I then stamped the sentiment from the same Christmas plate, again embossed it in black and copper and cut it out with one of my dies. While still in the die I sponged it with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. and then adhered to the tag as shown.


The last step was to colour some seam binding, using the same distress inks and adding it to the tag.
Now tags may not be everybody's thing of course, but it is easy to turn a tag into a Christmas card, and most crafters like to make at least some of their own cards, no? I'll leave you with a picture of how I turned my tag into a card, simply by matting it onto some blue and then a white folded card.


Well, I hope you liked this little Christmas project, until next time and thank you for your lovely comments, they make my day!!



23 comments:

Unknown said...

A beautiful tag!! Everything you make is always gorgeous. Looking forward to what you come up with next.

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Beautiful tag, love your work.

My name is Cindy said...

Lovely lovely lovely! I'm liking those calligraphy mats as well, never noticed them before! Cindy x

Sarah A said...

Gorgeous! Love the colours and detail x

Caroline said...

Gorgeous tag I love the colours and the details are fabulous. Caroline xxx

Jenny Marples said...

Astrid I ADORE this!!! It's the blend of colours with the gold detail that do it for me. Hugs, Buttons x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tag, I love the background.

Paula Whittaker said...

lovely tag...it looks good mounted on the card too.

Inkypinkycraft said...

A great make, yummy colours! Trace x

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is wonderful. Love all the details. I love everything that you make,

Lucy x

Ros Crawford said...

So very beautiful ... Love that little house with the star ... beautifully done!

Jennie Atkinson said...

Stunning tag Astrid - I love the colours and gold embossing. The stamped picture is just gorgeous too.

Chris said...

Fabulous tag, Astrid. Love the colours. I'll bet it has a lovely glimmer too.

Sarah said...

This is beautiful. I am so drawn to your color combinations.

Marisa Job said...

What a beautiful tag!! Love all the details!!!

Janny Jager said...

Beautiful tag Astrid with great details.

Greetings Janny

Words and Pictures said...

Gorgeous, rich colours, with such depth, and wonderful patinas - and the ribbons... wow!! Beautiful tag from Astrid!
Alison x

Netty said...

Loving the jewelled colours Astrid and its a fabulous design, xx

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

What a wonderful tag !

Dorthe said...

This is the cold,grey ,wintery tones from your and my countryes, with the little warm glow of sun ,that can make the day change. So very beautiful, dear Astrid.
Hugs,Dorthe

Artyjen said...

Love the rich feel of this winter xmas tag ;)
xoxo Sioux

craftimamma said...

Beautiful colour choices on this gorgeous tag Astrid. I really love that embossed inked panel and there's quite a lot of lovely texture going on too.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Paper Profusion said...

Hues capture brilliantly the contrast between a cold winter outside and a warm fire within. Beautiful tag. Nicola x