Sunday 20 January 2013

Discover Your Inner Self by Alison

Hi Everyone! Get your sunglasses out, I've a colourful little card to share with you today. A bit of a contrast to all that white stuff we have here in the UK right now!
I started by spritzing a few different colours of Adirondak Color Wash Spray at the top of a square piece of white card. I spritzed with water, then held up the card so the inks all dripped down. 
I dried the ink, then spritzed some Stream Color Wash through the Crafter's Workshop Marakesh stencil. I watered down some Charcoal Black Studio paint, then used a paintbrush to flick it over the background.
I used Archival jet black Ink to stamp some text (Calligraphic Mat 12), & added some swirls (Swirls, Splats & Dots A5) to the edges. I edged the background with the Jet black Archival ink.
I stamped Salome onto white card, then used a waterbrush & Color Wash Spray to colour her in. I stamped 'Discover Your Inner Self', cut out the separate words, edged them with black, then attached them to the background, with Salome.
I finished by attaching my artwork to a square white card blank.
I hope I've brightened your day,
Thanks for looking,
Alison xxx


11 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Gorgeous dribbling and flicking (hmm... football commentary, anyone?)... and a stunning end result (more football... what's going on?). Colourful, swirly, magical!
Alison x

Astrid Maclean said...

You certainly have (brightened my day that is) brilliant colourful piece, beautifully put together, love the "artyness" of it. The background specially is just stunning!

Inkypinkycraft said...

Love the trickles of colour againstvthe white patches...really striking make ! Trace x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous background, love all the layers & the drippage looks fab.

Ann said...

Gorgeous Alison - love the colours & fabulous background!! You certainly brightened my day :D
Ann xx

Helen said...

Yes, I've had enough of the snow and haven't even had to go out in it yet as I was given Friday off, when it arrived... no such luck for tomorrow!
This is beautiful, love the bright colours.

Sid said...

Fab background Alison !

hazel said...

The background is fabulous on your wonderful card Alison.
xxx Hazel.

Janny Jager said...

Beautiful and colorful card Alison.
Greetings Janny

Artyjen said...

Ooh! Fabulously colourful ;~)
xoxo Sioxu

Sharon Y said...

What a beautiful art piece!