Wednesday 27 August 2014

Mixed Media Canvas - You & Me

Hello Everyone,
Shilpa here,
Today, I've a Mixed Media Canvas to share with you.


In my this canvas I made 'the Light bulb stamp'  as a  focal point. Those stamps are from Artistic Stamper 'Steampunk' Collection stamps.


It all started with layers of design papers and graph papers from stash. I attached flowers, shells, buttons, small light bulbs,small wooden heart with 'love' carved on it, paper clips, small cloth clips as my second layer. Applied gesso, as I wanted to get uniform colour on them. When it dried  completely, I stared layering my ink colours.


I've used blue , green and yellow from Lindys stamp gang spray inks. I stamped text with Artistic stamper calligraphy mat 4.


I stamped the Light bulbs with Artistic stamper Inspiration Light bulb and Ranger Archival Inks. Fussy cut them and attached them with foam tabs.


It is always fun to mix and match crafty and artsy ingredients to create something beautiful. I hope you liked my adventure here. Waiting for your comments!!
Thanks so much for stopping by today.

Supplies used:
Lindys stamp gang ink sprays
Design papers from my stash







13 comments:

Astrid Maclean said...

Brilliant mixed media piece Shilpa and such clever use of those stamps!!! Absolutely love this!

The Colour Press said...

Simply fantastic Shilpa. Love the way you've used so many little items - buttons, clips, chippy and all to create a very interesting bg. Also like the colour palette and how well you've blended all the elements together. The details on d light bulb are probably my fav part :)

Radhika said...

Its fabulous Shilpa..

www.deeadamsart.blogspot.co.uk said...

Fantastic piece you have done here Shilpa, love the colours and how you have built them up. Dee x

Sandy said...

Your canvas s beautifully done! BRAVO!
Sandy xx

Ruth said...

Fabulous Shilpa, love the colours and layers, so colourful and vibrant, lovely! Ruth x

massofhair said...

Stunning work Shilpa, loving all the layers and textures very much. Must look at the Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays, they look amazing :-) xxx

Words and Pictures said...

So, so cool, Shilpa - I love the colours and all those fabulous mixed media textures. One of my favourites of yours ever!
Alison xx

Anonymous said...

So gorgeous! I love the layers & colours.

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

your canvas is gorgeous ! love your colors !

Riti said...

Super Gorgeous!!

craftytrog said...

Beautiful!!! xxx

Unknown said...

This is a beautiful canvas. I've never seen this stamp before and I love the way you have used this.