Saturday 8 November 2014

Mother and Daughter Love by Alison Hall

Hello Stampers! I met the lovely Donna Rodgers at The Artistic Stamper last weekend, which reminded me that I hadn't had a play with her designs for a while. So I got out her sweet Mother and Daughter set and created this little card. Quite handy, as it's my daughter's birthday this month ;-)


Here's what I used...

Black Card

Here's what I did...

1. I started by brayering green acrylic paint onto a piece of white card (about 12 x 12 cm), then sponged blue paint through the Retro Bursts stencil.

2. I stamped Donna's mother & daughter image bottom left, then the heart border underneath, & also at the top right (3 times). I also stamped the larger heart on the mother. I used a white pen to add highlights to the hearts.

3. I stamped the mother & daughter image & words, & the 'love you' circle from Katy's Greetings, onto white card, then cut them all out. I layered the mother & daughter over the image on my background, then inked the edges of the words & glued them in place.

4. I matted my artwork onto black card, then attached it to a square white card to finish.

I hope you like this simple little card.

Thanks for dropping by,

Alison xxx



12 comments:

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Beautiful card, Alison!! Love the vibrant acrylic background !! Perfect gift for your daughter

Helen said...

Great card, am sure she will love it!

Sid said...

How bright is that Alison !! Love it !

massofhair said...

Beautifully vibrant background, gorgeous words. A fantastic card for your daughter:-) xxx

Julie Lee said...

Hope your daughter has a lovely day! What a great card to receive from your mum! xxx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeously vibrant and what a beautiful card for your daughter.
Wishes
Lynne

hazel said...

A beautiful card - Bethany will love it.
xxx Hazel.

Kirsten said...

Gorgeous card, the background is fab.

Michele said...

a darling darling piece! xo

~*~Patty S said...

Gorgeous and precious card you created Alison.
Happy Birthday month to your daughter!
oxo

Words and Pictures said...

Delicious - so fresh and vivid... love the stamp!
Alison xx

www.deeadamsart.blogspot.co.uk said...

Lovely and bright it contrasts beautifully with the black and white image. Dee x