Wednesday 29 June 2016

Houses by Gemma


Hello Everyone

This this post I created a quick, bright fun card, that just made me feel very chilled and happy.


To start with I cut a piece of card to fit the front of my card blank, I also took I sheet of scrap paper and ripped it into three sections. I used these sections of paper as masks to create the sections on the back ground. After blocking off the sections with the scrap paper I used acrylic paints to first paint a layer of block colour on the base and then a slightly darker colour over the top through a mask.


I used the same mask for all three sections and once dry I stamped the phrase from the our house   plate by Kathleen Fullman.


I also stamped out several of the houses from the same set. Before painting them all with the same basic, red, blue and yellow colours. Once they were dried and glued into place, I added some extra colour with pencils and went around all the houses with a black pen.


Thank you so much for reading
Gemma

3 comments:

Salla said...

What a fun card, and a cool set of stamps!

Sid said...

Great piece of art !

Gemma Hynes said...

Thank you so much, your lovely comments are really appreciated.