Tuesday 14 September 2010

A Box Of Wishes... By Hels Sheridan

Morning Peeps... I have been getting very messy with Viva Terra and Ferro, Claudine Hellmuth Studio Paint... some of the bestest background stamps in the world *said in a Jeremy Clarkson voice LOL*...ever! Oh and some other bits and bobs... UTEE, collage, Rock Candy, found bits from my stash... tis all here in this little recessed frame box... *BTW, if the words are blue it means that these are linky's to the website where you can buy the stash :O))*




I love these shadow boxes and have altered several so far but this one was extra special as it was for my pal Lori in America... we did an art exchange and I wanted to make something a bit special... instead she got this ROFL.. only joking... she has received it now and I know she loves it... that is a bonus for a start. Anyways... I started by coating the box frame with Claudine Hellmuth Studio Gesso - just a thin layer applied with Cut & Dry foam does the trick. Once dried, I used a spatula and popped a layer of Viva Terra Sahara on in patches... I wetted background stamps (list to follow of ones used) using a Rub It, Scrub It pad... then stamped into the Terra. I then used a heat gun to dry the Terra... this makes it bubble and go warty... love this stuff! Next I used some Ferro, applying this with a spatula and using the background stamps and Rub It, Scrub It again.. the good thing about this pad is that it cleans off the texture paste from your stamps too... *and - little tip... inky fingers? Pop a smidge of handwash onto the pad, wet it, rub fingertips on it... removes the inky bits.. well, most of them LOL* Anyways... I had left blank patches on the frame on purpose... because once I had painted the whole lot with Claudine's Traditional Tan paint, allowed it to dry etc, then added some Sable Brown, then a bit of Charcoal Black to add definition, I splodged a very generous layer of Rock Candy Crackle onto the plain bits. Once this had crackled, I used my very expensive applicator tool (otherwise known as my finger LOL) to add some Viva Inka Gold... in gold colour... this stuff... has to be one of the bestest products ever... I have used it delicately (or as delicately as you will get from me) to apply smudges of colour... but you can also emboss card in a Texture Fade (or suchlike) and then apply it over the top so the embossed raised bits get coloured... cool huh?




The inside of the box had had the sides painted with Trad Tan... and I added a little piece of paper from the Lost & Found stack (out of stock at the mo but back in soon) and then covered a mini canvas with an old bookpage and added colour to this. The little L is from my stash, as is the little Monopoly doggy... he came from a travel set I got in a pound shop... for... erm... a pound ROFL I heated up some UTEE in my Melt Pot, a lashing of clear and two little puddles of gold... then once it was melted, I inked the coggy stamp with clear embossing ink, poured the UTEE over it in a swirly motion, this means that the UTEE has like an agate look to it... I let this cool and then broke the UTEE into bits and added some gold and black to it to define the cogs. The little heart was made using a mould I had made with Mold n Pour... the other little hearts were made by pouring UTEE in a swirly motion again onto a craft sheet and then popping cookie cutters into the still molten UTEE. Finally, the little embellie in the recess... is a clock stamped onto Gold Nugget TSS Metal... scootched around the edges and I have a cookie cutter which is almost the right size... so I popped a bit of clear emb. ink around the rim to act as a release, set this over the metal piece, then poured the UTEE into the cookie cutter... not too much otherwise it would be too thick... *bit like me LOL* To embellish, I added Idea-ololgy - the Ornate Plate has an Adage Ticket in it, which was then filled with Rock Candy Cracklepaint.




So there you go... how I made it... do you like it? Oh and yes, the list of background stamps... I have to say... the Cogs and Sequin Waste are my faves but .. then I love the Punk Plaid... and the Dotty one is a must have too! Thanks for looking... have a goodly day... TTFN

Hels x

22 comments:

Lori said...

Having been the recipient of this totally fab piece of art, which should be in the Louvre, it's even more spectacular in person! Thank you so much Hels! I love it! Lori

Marijane said...

What a beauty! The shadow box is just gorgeous with all the textures and layers. Love all the metal. Lori, you must be "pleased-as-punch" getting this work of art!

trisha too said...

That is a beautiful piece!

(Lori, you lucky girl!)

Scrapping With Sherry said...

This is great and has went into my favorites file of things that I would like to craft. I have quite a few of these frames that I bought on sale and now I know why.

~Sherry

Sid said...

Fantastic piece with so many elements Hels, colouring is rich and it looks gorgeous !! Lucky Lori !

Daniele said...

another totally amazing piece of art Hels.....and with a bad back. There is so much going on, love all the techniques that you do to combine it into a lovely piece of art
hugs

Helen said...

Wow, no wonder Lori loves it. One of your great pieces, Hels. Fab idea about the travel monopoly set - you got me thinking now!!

Artyjen said...

luky Lori! gorgeous array of techniques and a fab piece all round
xoxo Sioux

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

what a fabulous piece..love the colours :) Lucky Lori
xx

Tracy Evans said...

Wow Hels this is gorgeous, so many pieces to see, I love the texture in the background and the background stamps are gorgeous. Especially love that UTEE heart. I'm not surprised Lori was pleased anyone would be. Have a good day, Tracy x

Janeyc49 said...

What a lucky lady Lori is - that really is a work of art Hels. Wonderful.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Lucky Lori! What a FAB piece GF, you ROCK!

Joanne said...

I love that terra stuff 'cos it looks gorgeous when it bubbles.
Luv Joanne xx

JoZart Designs said...

Hi Helz!
Lucky Lori to own your lovely piece. It is really stunning with so many interesting elements. A spectacular creation, and well done you!
JoZarty x

Siobhan Brignull said...

quite simply . . . wow

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous. S xxx

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is gorgeous! Love all the bits and bobs to look at,

Lucy x

TinaB said...

completely stunning!!! I love it xxx You are so talented! xx

Sarah Anderson said...

So, so gorgeous Hels! I love it :) Expecially the cogs background stamped into the terra - that looks amazing!

Suzanne Bouchard said...

Just in-cre-di-ble! I love your style and what texture! Simply fabulous!

Anonymous said...

So much to look at, & fabulous texture! Lucky Lori! xx

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Very cool, I need to me me one of those, think I'll case yours!