Tuesday 28 September 2010

Winged Globus Illuminatus

My journal is very much a place to PLaY, and I've really been enjoying playing with my Artistic Stamper stamps as guest designer this month, so it was only fitting to share a journal page with you as my last piece.


As soon as I saw the new Inspiration Light Bulbs I knew I wanted to add wings to them, and today the 'Winged Globus Illuminatus' was born :)   The moth wings from Insects and Butterflie 1 are the perfect size for the light bulbs :)


I also loved the idea of using the blank light bulb as a bird cage.  This came about because as I was working on my light bulbs, I had my free as a bird set of stamps near by!  I used the loop from the top of the cage to form a loop for my light bulbs, and stamped the birds after stamping the blank light bulb.


I painted the background using emulsion paint, masking some areas with Tim Holtz' cogs mask, and adding stamped elements with my Rusty Hinge distress ink pad and the wonderful cogs background alongside elements from Tick Tock.


Overstamping the blank light bulb with the cogs background and lace background gave me two more patterned lightbulbs for my imaginary creatures.


I think there's more to play with with this story of winged light bulbs fluttering through the air, and strange creatures using their discarded shells to keep tiny birds in.  And that's the fun of journaling, coming up with stories as you play.


Thankyou Jennie and Hels for inviting me to play this month, now I'm off to order some of those new stamps just released :)

14 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

Love the wings on the bulb... fab idea hun... thanks for being our Guest for September... hugs xx

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOW--Sarah's creation is soooooooo fun! I love that lightbulb stamp! This is a fabulous creation! LOVE it! Great job and what a fab GDT!!

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Wowee! Inspiration for the stamps was the right word! Sarah, it hasbeen a pleasure having you on the team..thank you!

Daniele said...

wow what imaginative lightbulbs....love them makes a change from birds in cages....another must have stamp
hugs

Helen said...

I love what Sarah's done here, so creative.

oneoff said...

That's fabulous - definitely the "desire of the moth for the flame" in those winged bulbs.

Larisa said...

WOW!!! It is fantastic!!! very great view)))

Lucy Edmondson said...

Great ideas! Love the birds in the light bulbs especially!

Lucy x

Sue said...

Whoa!! I LOVE the bulbs with wings!! Cool idea, might have to pinch it!

Siobhan Brignull said...

oh yum what brilliant ideas bought to light (LOL)

Janeyc49 said...

Fabulous ideas - I bought the stamps a few weeks ago and haven't had time to play - you have inspired me :) Love the idea of bulb-cages !

ScrappyDandyDoo said...

Ooooo I like :D
such a cool idea :D
Julie x

Anne said...

Absolutely love these new lightbulb stamps -- a must have methinks --- and what you've done with all the stamps is Fab !!!!
Anne xxx

Gerrie Johnnic said...

OMGosh, what fun are these! My head is spinning with excitement!