Goodly morning! I am happy, happy, happy today because I have been playing with ink and card and getting thoroughly messy in the process. I have made a card - which was based on a tag - which as I'm sure I may have told you (like a gadzillion times) that I loooove tags.
Well, I decided to make a tag that was flat on top and didn't have a hole... which in effect means it is ... a card LOL So... starting out with a Non Stick Craft Sheet, I dabbed and squidged the following colours of Distress Inks onto it: Antique Linen, Barn Door, Fired Brick, Vintage Photo and Brushed Corduroy, making sure that the colours don't overlap each other. Next I used a Mini Mister with water in it to spritz over the DI's to make a "wash". The next stage is to take you piece of card and press it onto the inkyness, dry with a heat gun and then repeat the process until you are happy with the look. I have found over the years of doing this technique that if I dry a little bit of the inkyness up with the heatgun it goes into more concentrated droplets, which then transfer to the cardstock... giving it a dappled look, which I like :O))
Next, I edged the card with Brushed Corduroy - I do this so it "closes" the card in, so the inkyness on the card is the focal point - hope that makes sense :O)) I used my fave Tim Holtz Collection stamps to add images onto the background.. and then added the Brolly Man, which was stamped in Black Soot and embossed with Black Soot Distress Powder on Grungeboard. His brolly had a dollop of Glossy Accents popped onto the top of it so it looks like rainwater and the sunrise in front of him is where he is headed :O)) *ah, you ol' romantic Hels :O))* I then added a sentiment and an Idea-ology Key to finish. I hope you found the hints here helpful... thanks for looking... have a FAB weekend! TTFN