Thursday 2 June 2011

Luminaire By Neil Walker

Hi there everyone; top o' the mornin to you all! Today is my first post for you as this months guest designer (Thanks Jennie and Hels for the privilege) So I thought I'd begin with a little "light" project...... ok, lousy pun, sorry!


I made this little holder using the Architecture 3 058 stamp plate. I stamped the stained glass window 4 times onto an A4 card. I cut out the windows and then coloured using distress inks in brushed corduroy, vintage photo and walnut stain. I over stamped with the Calligraphic mat 1 for interest. I tried to cut the tops as if they were a ruined wall with missing bricks etc.


I stamped the window again onto acetate and when dry, trimmed to shape and inked with some vivid
alcohol inks These were attached to the card with glossy accents, lining up with the apertures.

I inked and stamped the inside too. I used tissue tape to join the pieces together (using a touch of glue too)

On the outside I added the two statues, stamped onto grey card and cut out, inked with a touch of forest moss distress ink and mounted with 3d foam pads.


This is designed to be used with a battery operated tea light, not a real one! It looks pretty when lit but I could not get a decent photo!


So there it is, my first project for this month. Hope you like it.
Thanks for looking - Neil

20 comments:

Zuzu's Blog said...

YAY Neil. :) (fancy seeing you here lol)

what a FAB project. I bet it looks fantastic lit up. (its not easy to get photos of lit things at all is it.) Love the colours on the windows. well done on project one
Z x

Artyjen said...

Love the luminaire....creative use of the stamps and useful as well ;)
I love my candles so this is a real winner!
xoxo Sioux

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Stunning first piece Neil. Thank you for joining us at The Artistic Stamper
xx

Daniele said...

this looks stunning, the windows look real, great project

Amanda said...

A really clever idea and the windows look brilliant.

Helen said...

This is gorgeous! Love your stained glass windows.

Gio said...

it's so fabulous! and such a brilliant idea!

Kaz Hall said...

WOW!! this is so cool....fabulous!

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

That's stunning neil. I find your site via Miranda. I love your stained glass windows. Very very beautiful.
Gr. Marja

theboelemas@aol.com said...

WOW WOW WOW - love it!!

craftimamma said...

Absolutely brilliant!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Candy C said...

I have seen some of Neil's work before and he does some pretty amazing stuff. This is no exception. Very very cool! I LOVE the arched window stamp. That is amazing! Thanks for sharing this lovely luminaire. <3 Candy

uhooi said...

Uhooi,,
Waw,, It works very good and creative,,

Uhooi.blogspot.com

Ann said...

Stunning project Neil....thanks so much for sharing with this for us all!!

Ann xxx

Heidi said...

Stunning Neil. This is a lovely project. Heidi x

JoZart Designs said...

The stained glass window effect is superb. Wonderful piece of artwork!
JoZarty x

Gillian .... said...

Brilliant 1st project piece Neil, look forward to more throughout the month.

craftytrog said...

Such a creative way to use those stamps Neil! I love the stained glass windows!
Alison

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Top of the line Amazing. Really a great design. Enjoy the creativity Neil shows.

Kat said...

what a fab project neil,
love it!
can't wait to see what you come up with next.
Kat.