Saturday 4 June 2011

Travelling to Menton by Sioux Jenneys

I'm sharing a card today on this the 4th day of June :)

Where the heck did the last five months go! LOL



1. There are only a couple of masks used to create this so not tricky really, although it would help to have a stamp positioner for placing the crown on the top.
2. I decided to mix and match my inks today and started with Adirondack dye colours and stamped the Hotel label from the fabby new label set in salmon and then masked it.


3. Stamped the little travel trio squares from the men's plate 001 set in Distress Ink weathered wood and then masked that.

4. Stamped the larger wings from the lovely new set called crowning glory in Adirondack latte.

5. Got out my stamp positioner and used it to line up the crown from the same new set, stamping it in Archival black.

Tip: If you don't have a stamp positioner just stamp the crown further up the card...it looks equally good ;)

6. The sentiment is from the new travelling words set and was stamped in Archival crimson.

7. I've left off any additions of pearls and such 'cos at a later date I can make it fit either for a male or female recipient. Perhaps ink the edges for a more grungy look as well!



Thanks for looking today :) See you again soon!
xoxo Sioux

4 comments:

craftimamma said...

Love the combination of stamps and the positioning is perfect. Think I need that set of quotes/sentiments.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Lynne Phelps said...

Love the way you have everything oriented around the label. Now we have a royal winged hotel taking flight! Hmmm. Sort of like an airborne cruise ship, where you unpack once and your hotel follows you around! Guess I'm off on a flight of fancy myself. That quote is wonderful and I love how that nouveau style lettering really adds to the vintage feel, while at the same time the strong flat colors give it a graphic screen print style!!! I'd fly that hotel anytime, LOL!!! Lovely!

craftytrog said...

A great combination of stamps & inks Sioux! Fab card! xxx

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

great card :))