Monday 20 February 2012

Blowing Bubbles by Emma

Hi everyone!!

It's time for me to share my second piece for February and today, I've decided to get my paints, inks and pens out and use them in conjunction with a Mabel Lucie Attwell stamp.
So, here's how I made this card...

To begin with, I made the backing paper for my card by stamping randomly onto a piece of A4 white paper, using the circles and dots from the Swirls, Splats and Dots A5 stamp plate, inked with Tumbled Glass DI and black Archival. I then brushed the edges of my paper with the Bottle Paint Dabber and added dragged lines, using the end of my paint brush. I cut to size a piece of the stamped paper, matted this onto black card and adhered it to the front of my card blank. With the offcuts of the paper, I made these into paper rolls to use later.

Next, I stamped the outline of the Mabel Lucie Attwell, I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles image onto white paper and coloured it in with alcohol pens. I then cut around the outline and set it aside for later. Next, I made the background for my Mabel image by "splatting" Peeled Paint, Shabby Shutters and Tumbled Glass Distress Stains onto my craft mat, spritzing the stain with water and then dragging my piece of card through the inky pools. I then placed the Circle Grid Crafter's Workshop Template over my stained background and stencilled through the holes using Snow Cap Adirondack Paint Dabber. Once again, I also painted random strokes onto the background with the edge of my paint brush using white and black Gesso.
Once the background was dry, I inked up the circles from the Swirls, Splats and Dots, A5 stamp sheet, using black Archival Ink and stamped directly onto the inky, painted background. Next, I adhered the coloured Mabel Lucie Attwell image into place, added touches of Glossy Accents to highlight the bubbles and added the text which I typed out and printed off from my computer, before matting the completed artwork onto some black and white card and adding it to my covered card blank. 
Once everything is in place, I adhered the paper rolls that I made and set aside earlier.
Finally, I stamped the "Limited Edition" ticket, from the Tim Holtz Odds And Ends Tickets Stamp Set, cut it out, then signed and attached it with a decorative pin, to the front of my card.
So, that's about it from me and I hope you like what I've made.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look and to comment on all my posts ~ I really do appreciate all your kind words.

Have a wonderful week and I'll see you again, soon.
Emma x

9 comments:

Sid said...

Fab background and design, very fresh !!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely Emma, fabulous background combined with the image and I love the rolls of paper. Tracy x

Dotty Jo said...

Wow, this is great! Jo x

Artyjen said...

Fabby colour scheme...looks lovely. ;)
xoxo Sioux

Janny Jager said...

Very very nice card
Love it very much

Greetings Janny

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Lovely card, Emma. I always liked the Mabel Lucie Atwell images from when I was a child, so this brings back memories for me. xx Magge

Kirsten Alicia said...

Lovely!!

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous design with lovely colours Emma! xox

Ana K. said...

I love this card! Great colours and paper rools are lovely!