Sunday 26 February 2012

I'M NOT BOSSY JOURNAL PAGE by Kat

Hi all,
I would like to share with you all today
the first page of an art journal I am going to
put together myself,
it's going to be an interactive book that has
pockets, flaps & pull downs,
each page is going to be different.
(well that's what's in my mind, whether it will work is another thing) LOL

so I am happy to present to you page 1,
this page has a side tag pocket to pull out.



I thought I would post this a little differently
to see if it ends up with less writing than my normal posts,
I hope you don't mind.
I am going to list all the things I used
then show the pictures on how I made the background.

I used :-
1 A4 piece of card cut into 2 A5 pieces,
Manila tag size 8,
 distress stains Bundled Sage, Tumbled Glass,
Scattered Straw & Antique Linen,
Distress Ink Vintage Photo,
Wild Honey & Tumbled Glass,
Stamps I used are,
archival inks Sepia & jet black
Collage sheets to make up the figure etc.,
the phrase is printed out on the computer
a bind it all machine, & scraps of card
scrap of ribbon.

here's the background pictures.


smooshed stains onto a craft sheet
then dragged the card through them then dried with a heat tool


added the distress inks


splatted the stain to make the splats,


sprayed water through a stencil


then blotted it off with kitchen roll


finally I added the stamps

I stamped the birds then glued everything in place

hope you like it!
If anyone has any two part phrases, quotes or
jokes etc that would fit this style of journaling
please leave me a comment, 
I would love to read them,
you never know they may just make it into the book (LOL)

have a creative day,
Kat x.

16 comments:

Jane Wetzel said...

love this :) tfs

Catherine SIWCZAK said...

wow ! amazing work! thanks for sharing this

craftytrog said...

Fantastic page Kat, love your background! xox

Sid said...

Fab journal page !!

Astrid Maclean said...

LOVE this with a big L. Fabulous background, great quote and gorgoeus collage too. Stunning page all round!

Linda said...

Wow, This is great!

hazel said...

Wonderful page, love the background and the images.
xxx Hazel.

Kirsten Alicia said...

Brilliant page & I love the tag.

Ana K. said...

Wow, it’s awesome! Love it!
Hugs from Slovenia!

Janny Jager said...

Wow this looks beautiful.
Love the colors.

Greetings Janny

Marjie Kemper said...

Totally gorgeous page... love it!

Unknown said...

Great page Kat :)

Ann said...

The background is amazing - thanks for so much detail, love your first page & look forward to seeing more!!
Ann xxx

Emma Williams said...

Absolutely gorgeous page and I adore the background you've created...FAB!
Love Emma xx

jude said...

Absolutely Stunning Love it!
judex

Mandy Makes and Mends said...

Fantastic just saw it now ....could look at it for ages ?...I love that image ....love it all x