Sunday 25 March 2012

Wishes by Alison

Hello Stampers! Today I have a grungy hanging piece to share with you.


I took a piece of corrugated card, tore most of the top layer off, then painted it with gesso. When this had dried, I sprayed it with stream Adirondak color wash. I dried this with my heat gun, then spritzed with heirloom gold perfect pearls mist.

Next I cut a rectangle of burlap, frayed the edges, then sprayed with expresso color wash & gold perfect pearls. I dried this with my heat gun, then glued it to the corrugated card.

For the main image & butterflies, I coloured a piece of glossy card with alcohol inks. I used aqua, cloudy blue, willow, citrus, pool, sailboat blue, & a dot of silver mixative.

I used the Sizzix ornamental die to cut my centre piece, stamped the Tim Holtz phrase using jet black Archival ink, then edged it with a gold krylon pen. I used long fasteners to attach it to the burlap.

I stamped & gold embossed the butterflies from the Insects & Butterflies plate, then cut them out. I added Ideaology game spinners as their bodies with long fasteners.

Finally, I attached a length of link chain to the top, with brads.

Thanks for looking,
Alison xox

17 comments:

Heidi said...

Gorgeous! I love the coragated cardboard background!

Deborah said...

Beautiful, Alison. Love that turquoise.

Helen said...

Great colours and the corrugated cardboard is fab.

Dee in N.H. said...

How pretty!! I love all that yummy texture!

Janny Jager said...

Very beautiful and nice colors

Greetings Janny

Candy C said...

Absolutely beautiful tag! Love the deep, rich colors and the burlap backing! It's a beautiful tag! <3 Candy

Anonymous said...

Wonderful textures.
Wishes
Lynne

Jennie Atkinson said...

Great piece Alison. Love the turquoise and great texture.

Unknown said...

This is very lovely Alison ;0) Dxx

MD said...

Super bravo

christinaglitter said...

Just love this of sort of things l like to make your design is stunning.
best wishes
christina xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Such a beautiful hanging, love the colors.

hazel said...

This is wonderful Alison, love the colours.
xxx Hazel.

Dragon said...

WOOO I love the texture and the cilous
Frankie
xx

Dragon said...

Opps I meant colours, of course!!!
xx

Emma Williams said...

This is gorgeous and I LOVE the colours!! FAB..
Love Emma xxx

Maggie said...

Fab Hanging Alison great colours and i love butterflies!

Maggie H