Hope you all had a lovely Easter weekend and enjoyed your choccie eggs. For my first post and share of the month, I decided to make a tealight holder, (using a battery operated tealight...not one with a real flame) using up odds and ends that I collected in my crafty stash for "one of those days that they might come in useful times"! I hope you like it!
To begin with I inked an old unwanted CD with Citrus and Sunshine Yellow Alcohol Ink and then used Glossy Accents to attach a plastic dessert container, which I knew would have a new purpose in life one day, to the CD. I then stamped the Flower Power Stamp Plate and stamped various sized blooms onto Grungepaper to create the flowers to go around the base of my tealight holder.
I then applied Tumbled Glass and Dusty Concord Distress Ink over the stamped flowers before making them into 3D blooms. Next, using the Movers and Shapers, Mini Butterflies die and the On The Edge Butterflight I die cut the images and applied Wild Honey and Fired Brick Distress Inks over them. I inked up the Dots Background stamp with Black Archival ink and stamped directly onto the single butterflies and finally, die cut the Mini Branch and Leaf and blended them with Peeled Paint and Gathered Twigs DI.
Now, all you need to do is wrap the On The Edge Butterflight die around the base of the plastic container and attach the grungepaper elements onto the Alcohol inked CD, using Glossy Accents. I added the Grungepaper die cut butterflies onto small folded pieces of acetate to give the appearance of them in flight.
So, that's about it from me for today...I hope you feel inspired to get inky and start creating. Don't forget that we would love to see your creations in our RIBBONS AND LACE challenge ~ you have until the end of APRIL to submit your entries. We also have a Creative Team Callout and if you would like to join our very talented Creative Team and show us your creations here on the blog, then click HERE for all the details of how to apply!!
See you again very soon!
Bye for now.