Sunday 2 September 2012

Chunky Houses by Lori!

Hi all! I was so honored to be asked to contribute to the Artistic Stamper Creative Team! There is truly so much talent here!

For my first project, I thought I would use Kat's Creations stamps..more specifically, the Our House A6 set.  Along with...Borders A6, which is in the background, hard to see, but it's there!  I chose to create a chunky ATC for my project, which is a dimensional ATC cut from a chunk of wood.  I sprayed the plain block of wood with Dylusions inks, which I love doing on bare wood, the wood grain really comes through and looks fantastic. I then stamped the houses and sentiment on white cardstock, then painted with the Dylusions inks! When I glued the houses on the wood, I used some foam behind the roofs and doors, to give them some more dimension. How about some pictures?
I did cut out some leaves from grungepaper and glued them on, after painting with a Citrus Paint Dabber.


Here's a little different angle, showing more of the top:
I painted some plain wooden plugs with the Watermelon Paint Dabber for the "feet" or base, to raise it up a bit.
I just love using the bright colors with the Our House stamp set, the stamps were meant for color!
Thank you for stopping by today, I hope I've inspired you to make some "chunky ATC's"!

32 comments:

Deborah said...

So colourful - it's beautiful!

Louise said...

Wow! how colourful is this? its brilliant x

Nancy said...

Omg! This is .... WOW!!!! LOVEloveLOVE it!!!!

Netty said...

Totally terrific chunky, Annette x

SusanK said...

You've really brightened my evening with your chunky ATC! Love this!!!

maria's knutselplezier said...

Waw what a beautifull, stunning creation, I love the bright colours and a the beautifull details, a real masterpiece!!!

Greetings
Maria

Inkypinkycraft said...

love your vibrant and beautiful chunky creation! fab make trace x

Crafting Queen said...

Wow, stunning creation.

Helen said...

It is wonderful Lori and congratulations on your appointment!

Redanne said...

Hi Lori, your chunky ATC is just amazing, wonderful colours! I love using chunkies too but they don't turn out quite as fabulous as yours........must try harder...A x

Renee said...

This is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing it.....I'd like to see more.

Janny Jager said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwww Lori this is really really beautiful.
I love the wooden atc very vey much.

Greetings Janny

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Love it Lori...you can't imagine it was just a piece of wood before...Amazing what you've done...love it

greetings, Alie :-)

Tracey-B said...

Now that is just lovely what a great little project

Kathy Eddy said...

This is just fabulous Lori! Love it!

Words and Pictures said...

Wow - such juicy colours, and such imagination to create this fabulous transformation!
Alison x

Marjie Kemper said...

Oh, Lori, the houses look fantastic done this way! I love your ATC... totally vibrant colors and the leaves are an awesome touch.

craftytrog said...

So bright & beautiful...I love it Lori! xxx

Art By Wanda said...

Fabulous chunky!!!!

Jenny Marples said...

Great choice of colours and I love those houses. Hugs, Buttons x

Michelle Webb said...

Awesome work, so many wonderful elements to look at. Fab. Michelle x

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

An absolutely ingenious idea :)) Thank you for joining us this month
Jennie

Zuzu's Blog said...

OOooo yummmmm. loving loving lovng all the colour and style involved. really looking forward to seeing the rest of your posts too. must go add you to my blog list :)

Julia S-W said...

An inspirational, beautiful little chunky piece. I love those colours but even more I love the way the leaves look as if they're ready to fly off in the wind. Stunning colours and the flower is fab too!
Juliaxx

Artyjen said...

That's gorgeous ;)
xoxo Sioux

Astrid Maclean said...

What a fun, colourful creation, great project!!

Ink Art Designs said...

Love this HEAPS! This looks like sooo much fun and looks fantastic
Dot x

Ibarra Creations 4U said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ibarra Creations 4U said...

Lori, this is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!! Just incredible!!! :)

jude said...

Stunning just love it!

Unknown said...

Absolutely Love this.... xx

Maggie said...

I am addicted to these chunky ATC's yours is so colourful....gorgeous!