I am Georgina and I will be joining the blog this month as a Guest Designer. I am thrilled to be here and I look forward to sharing my project with you all. I hope you like them!
For my first project I have made a card using the lovely Encyclopaedia Botanica stamp set. I just love floral stamps sets. I have used the stamps in the set to create the two main images, the sentiment, pattern papers and butterfly embellishments. As everything is from the same stamp set it co-ordinates together very well. The top photos shows the card folded up and the photo below shows in the inside of the card once it's opened.
The card base was made from two 148x148mm white square card blanks. I attached one panel from each card together to form the back section. I then scored in half and folded the left and right panels as shown in the photo below.
I used the two large floral images from the Encyclopaedia Botanica stamp set to create the panels on the front of the card. I stamped each element in a different colour, e.g. leaves in green, flowers in pink and yellow etc.
I drew a rectangle the same size onto the green stamped images. I cut around the rectangle but when the flower was outside the rectangle then I cut around it (as shown below). I cut out and attached the petal and centres onto the green image. I also used ink from the ink pad and a waterbrush to lightly add colour to the petals and centres. I also added one of the yellow flowers with foam pads to add extra dimension. I then mounted these onto rectangles of dark brown card.
I cut panels of white and dark brown card to fit all the sections of the card. I used the stamps from the Encyclopaedia Botanica stamp set to create the patterned background panels. I stamped these using Frayed Burlap Distress ink pad.
For the inside centre panel I stamped the sentiment from the stamp set in dark green ink. I mounted this onto dark green card and attached inside the card along with a strip of dark brown card. I added faux stitching.
I attached the floral image panels to the front of the card with foam pads. I stamped a selection of the small and large butterflies with a Walnut Stain Distress ink pad. I also used ink from the ink pad and a waterbrush to lightly add colour to the butterflies. I cut these out and attached them to the card. To finish I added Glossy Accents to the bodies of the butterflies.