Saturday 18 May 2013

Mail Art envelope: by Zuzu

 
Yes, I am here with a postman's nightmare... highly decorated mail art.
its another quick simple project from me as I don't have full access to my craft supplies for quite a while yet. 
I know the postman needs to be able to see the address clearly so i am not sure how valid mail art really is but its fun making the envelope a wee bit more exciting than a plain simple colour.

I coloured my envelope with chalk inks and when it had dried completely I started stamping and sticking. I used the airmail look Washi tape to start with and stuck to the typical airmail colour scheme, blue and red.

i tried to add in some other post office type themes like brown wrapping paper, measuring tapes, post cards, luggage tags etc. I used the brown paper to help create a "ransom note" style on one of the quotes.
Supplies used:

Ephemera collage stamps HERE
Animal/ Bird collage elements HERE
Washi tape HERE
Journal tickets HERE
black and red stazon ink HERE


10 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it! Absolutely gorgeous! ( please don't pass this on(LOL), but I'm reliably informed by a past Post Mistress that a lot of them can't actually read and if an envelope 'feels' thicker than usual it will be opened to look for money and then discarded. How sad. Love this Zuzu and so pleased to to see you in action again!

Paula Whittaker said...

What a fab idea and beautifully executed.....it's a great project to do with limited supplies. I know I'm inspired to give it a go.

Helen said...

Beautifully decorated envelope!!

craftytrog said...

It looks gorgeous! xxx

Janny Jager said...

Very very beautiful with a lot of great details.

Greetings Janny

Alex said...

I love this artsy envelope! Do you plan to send it to somebody? I know a person who would appreciate that a lot. I think the person's name starts with an "A" and ends with "lex". ;-)

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Great altered envelope!

kind regards, Alie :-)

Astrid Maclean said...

Love your envelope Zuzu, I am a huge fan of mail art and this looks fantastic!

ionabunny said...

That's so lovely. Too good to use!!

Artyjen said...

It looks fabby...your mail art rocks ;)
xoxo Sioux