Thursday 1 August 2013

August Challenge ~ Postcards, Travel and Holidays

Hi everyone and welcome to August and a brand new challenge here on The Artistic Stamper Creative Team blog.

In July, we had the pleasure of having the lovely Mark Gould join us as our Guest Designer and on behalf of the team, Jennie and I would like to say a big thank you to Mark for all his hard work and the stunning ideas that he shared with us all.

This month, I am so very excited to let you all know that we have the very talented Linda Ledbetter joining us here on the blog. I'm sure you all love Linda's work as much as I do and I know that I for one, can't wait and will be really looking forward to seeing her first post, tomorrow.

Before telling you all about this month's new challenge, I just wanted to say a huge thank you for all your wonderful entries in our Ladies Day Challenge during July. We had some fabulous entries and creative pieces and were totally overwhelmed with them all ~ it's been such a pleasure seeing them. We will be announcing one very lucky winner in the next few days, so make sure you check back to see if it's you!!

The new challenge for August is all about POSTCARDS, TRAVEL AND HOLIDAYS and the whole team are really looking forward to seeing all your fabulous artwork and stamped projects that you submit in relation to this theme. To join in with this challenge (and you can join in as many times as you want), is simple; all we would like you to do is, make a piece of artwork, making sure that you include the theme and some rubberstamping. Pop back here to link up using the Froggy at the bottom of this post, so that we can see what you've made and then, leave us a comment to let us know you have joined in with the challenge. As always, there will be candy for one randomly picked entrant - the winner will receive £15 worth of The Artistic Stamper stamps of your choice plus the Kling On to mount them onto. And don't forget....if you use Artistic Stamper stamps on your entry, you will entered into the draw, twice!!!!

If you do need any inspiration, then you don't need to look any further than our Creative Team's stunning creations for this month's challenge.


Zuzu
I have altered one of the little papier mache suitcases (this is the larger of the two.).
I used the seaside No1 plate, Travel Labels as well as paints, distress paint, distress embossing powder and alcohol inks. I will publish more details on how i put it together, on my personal blog.

For my challenge piece I altered a little little canvas. First I painted it with some acrylic paints, then I stamped various stamps from the Ephemera 1 Plate in Coffee Archival Ink. I added a bit of textured netting (a gift from a friend) and then used some elements from the Graphics 45 French Country collection, including the post card stamp from one of the G 45 stamp sets. Some string and a die cut ribbon slider finished it all off.


I have made a postcard using a Tag postcard, and have "cased" or borrowed an idea from Georgina Sweetenham who held a card workshop last weekend at the shop!
I  Dylusioned the postcard both sides and I used the European map background, and the Labels Stamp sheet alongside some of Tim Holtz's Remnant Rubs . Add a few stickers from the Lost and Found sticker sheets, and create a front using the wonderful Carte Postale stamps from Katy Fox, and don't make any mistakes! and you have a travelling postcard from places that I would love to visit!  Visit my blog to see more details and to win the stamps I used if you can guess the mistake I made!
We hope you will join in with this month's challenge and please, don't forget to add a comment when you post your entry.

Hope you all have a happy and very creative month.
See you soon...
Emma x

10 comments:

Helen said...

Great summer projects from the team! Looking forward to Linda's GD post, she will be amazing.

Claudia N. said...

Lovely projects from the DT! So very inspiring and joyful! Thanks for this wonderful challenge!

die amelie x

Jenny Marples said...

Seriously great samples from the DT as ever. Must play! Hugs, Jenny x

Words and Pictures said...

What glorious inspiration from you all!
Alison x

Dawn Louise said...

An impressive array of ideas and projects, superb.

Craftyfield said...

Love all the variety of styles on the same theme!

Michelle McClure said...

Wow, you all really blew me away with your projects!

toni said...

A great fun challenge to enter and super work from your very talented design team x

Marita Soutar said...

Love all the projects from the Design Team. Hope you like mine.

Debi said...

Just added my card to the group. Your DT made some fantastic projects as inspiration! TFS
DebiB