Thursday 23 October 2014

Halloween Triptych Arch


Hi everyone I hope you are all well. I have a simple home made
 triptych arch Halloween project for you today. 

Home sweet Home stamps, Tim Holtz mini blueprints. White 
crackle embossing paste, blackVersa fine ink,
black clay, Paperartsy paint,
Black acrylic paint. 


I started by cutting out the three arches out of mount board. I then cut
 out three smaller arches.


I painted three tooth picks with black acrylic paint, these were then used to form 
the hinges for the triptych. Masking tape was used at the back to hold the 
tooth picks in place and I painted it black to blend in with the 
mount board. I covered the smaller arches with a mix 
of white and black embossing paste.


I covered the smaller arches with a mix of white and black embossing paste. 
Once dry I covered the arches with crackle paste and 
allowed to dry naturally.


I rolled out some black fimo clay and used the home sweet home stamps
 to stamp into the clay, I then baked the houses in the oven.


Once the crackle paste had dried I painted it with a mix of claret and spanish mulberry,
I highlighted the area's around the houses with pumpkin soup.


I stamped a web,  bat and spiders of tim's small blueprints plate in 
versa fine ink and clear embossed it. The houses were
 brushed with guilding wax.


I stuck it all together glued the bat  to the top of the middle arch and a 
spider to each side.


That's it for today I hope you enjoyed the post please
 feel free to leave a comment or two.
Cheers Dee x






















12 comments:

Helen said...

That looks fab, Dee! Gorgeous colours, and I love the use of the tooth picks!

Jools Robertson said...

Beautiful, love the colours and crackle
And the stamping going into Fimo is fantastic

Jools x

Astrid Maclean said...

Brilliant to use toothpicks as hinges, so clever! Love the clay work, it always gives a brilliant effect. Fabulous Halloween make!

Deborah Wainwright said...

Wonderful idea excellently executed. Love the texture on the panels. Very apt for the forthcoming spooky time xx

Artyjen said...

Love the clay houses :)
xoxo Sioux

massofhair said...

Everything is AMAZING Dee, each component highlights the next layer, the crackle is superb and the clay houses are my favourite bit. Ingenious use of a toothpick, i always learn something from you, today it's about toothpicks, thank you :-) xxx

mamablitger said...

Dee... What an awesome project. Love and adore your clay houses. The toothpick idea is so clever. The crackle effect fabulous. All summed up : awesome !!!!!
Thanks a lot for sharing.
Hugs from Monica.. Spain

Kirsten said...

Wow! That's wonderful. I love the houses & using the toothpicks was very clever.

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Brilliant project Dee!!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Love the project, the colour, the materials and the techniques used all works so well. Happy crafting, Angela x

Sid said...

Fab triptych Dee !!

Words and Pictures said...

Wowzer - how cool is that?! The Home Sweet Home "clay" pieces look amazing. Brilliant triptych, Dee!
Alison xx