Wednesday 24 December 2014

Butterfly Favourites from 2014

Hello all, Alison (butterfly) here to share my favourite Artistic Stamper creations from this year.  I had a long-ish shortlist, but I've (almost) managed to whittle it down to three.  Do click on the links if you'd like to see them in more detail again.

(If I've missed out any favourites of yours, I apologise... but there's a little peek of almost all of them over at Words and Pictures today, and if you click the "Alison Bomber" label at the foot of this post, you can revisit any of them that you like!)

In chronological order then - here, from way back in January, is my first choice.  Always and Forever Changing is a hanging icon using my much loved flower stamps by Katy Leitch (though she was still Katy Fox back then!).


I had a ball using green and blue Dylusions over an embossed gesso resist, and I love the depth in the layers it created.


My second pick is some rather melancholy journalling pages from February - One Day I'll Fly Away.  February's the time of year for melancholy, don't you think?!


More of my favourite colours - blue and brown this time - and I was really pleased with how the layers built up, and with the tiny crackled hearts scattered across the pages.


Choice number three may surprise you.  I almost never make cards, and these were way out of my usual textured, layered comfort zone... they're just some Simple Cards.


But I was really happy with the watercolour stamping effect, and the earthy kraft card backgrounds, and the summery feel seems just right for June, when they appeared, so they just made the cut.


Okay, okay - I can't quite do it.  At first I thought that I should leave out my Distress Spray crackly heart page since it was only a month ago, but then it really is probably my favourite creation of the year, so I have to give it a mention... sorry!!


So there you have it... my top three (four!) of the year.  A big thank you goes to the fabulous Jennie for another great year on the team.  If you haven't had a chance to see the choices of the rest of my fabulous team-mates, it's well worth a scroll around - there are some real treats on offer.  And you've got a week left to come and join in with our Anything Goes challenge this month, so once all the festivities are under way, do come and play!

Have a fabulous Christmas everyone, and I'll see you in 2015!!
Alison xx

9 comments:

massofhair said...

I don't know how you did it either Alison, how can you only choose three, ahem 4!

Great look back and looking forward to more awesomeness in 2015:-) xxx

Nikki Acton said...

Wonderful, everyone. Your feb piece was one of the first I saw and I loved it. Nikki x

Helen said...

I'm amazed you could pin it down to 4.. there really have been some gorgeous projects this year.

Cestina said...

I love One Day I'll Fly Away....
xx

Cocofolies said...

I ADORE everything of course!! But especially the simple cards, since I'm the lucky owner of the one on the right... :D I can confirm how very beautiful they are, great work for the Artistic Stamper brand Alison!!!! Coco xxx

Hettie said...

Great picks there Alison. I know of five you didn't pick but they are my favourites wink wink!!
Hugs
xx

Notations of a Crafter said...

Beautiful Alison I Missed them the first time around so really glad you posted them again, great picks x

Kezzy said...

I don't know how you managed to pick out of all the wonderful stuff you have done for this DT over the last year lol. Love everything you have chosen, mind you I love everything you do lol. Kezzy :-) xxx

www.deeadamsart.blogspot.co.uk said...

Sorry its taken so long to comment, as I have been very busy with my day job and am only now catching up. I love your work Alison I think you are a very talented lady and am very pleased to be part of the same team here at The Artistic Stamper. Dee x