Monday 13 April 2015

Altered Matchbox with Gibson Girl

Hello Everyone,
Shilpa here,

Instead of my regular mixed media canvas, I decided to make 3D project with fabulous Artistic stamper stamps....and came up with this cute little Matchbox. 


I've decorated it with Gibson girl stamp image and other Artistic stamper stamps.

Here is step by step...


I created matchbox with Graphic 45 Typography/ Bohemian Bazar papers. Applied Vintage photo distress inks at the edges.
 


For top layer, I applied rusty hinge, walnut stain, peeled paint  distress stains on craft mat and  smooshed manila ATC paper into that. Dried it completely with Ranger heat tool.


I stamped flowers, text and envelope image with Artistic stamper stamps and Coffee Archival ink. And further started decorating it.

 

I stamped Gibson girl image on Ranger specialty stamping paper with Jet black Ranger archival ink and colored it with distress inks. I fussy cut the image. The Art tag behind her is from Graphic 45 Typography collection.
I added handmade flowers and mica flakes. And attached the whole panel onto the match box.

Hope you liked my creation and inspired to make your own. When you add small jewelry in it, that will be a  perfect gift for a friend!

supplies used:
 

 



17 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Shilpa,
This looks cute and fabulous.
Smiles:)
Sue

Suman Pandit said...

That's gorgeous, Shilpa !! A very sophisticated creation !!

SD pooja said...

I loved it ! I often find it difficult to use such stamps on my project ! You have done a fab job with it Shilpa !

Notations of a Crafter said...

Lovely Shilpa, a fun project to add to my little list of things to make ;-)

Sid said...

Great project, look brilliant !

Hussena said...

What a totally fabulous project Shilpa ..Loved it !!

Astrid Maclean said...

Brilliant idea and I love how you uused the stamp on this pretty box!

craftytrog said...

A stunning creation Shilpa! I love those Gibson Girls!

Sathya said...

Cute..Love the idea..

Pamellia said...

Fabulous project Shilpa! I love the vintage colours and your image is fantastic! So tiny and wonderful! hugs :)

Jackie PN said...

Cute make Shilpa!! Love the colors you chose!

Juliz Design Post said...

Fabulous project Shilpa, love it.
Julie x

rachel said...

this is just beautiful shilpa - a gorgeous make xx

www.deeadamsart.blogspot.co.uk said...

A beautiful creation Shilpa love the matchbox and the colours. x

Words and Pictures said...

This is just lovely, Shilpa... I love the warm honey tones with the fresh turquoise, and the Gibson Girl looks beautiful with the flowers and frame around her.
Alison xx

mikosspot.blogspot.com said...

Very pretty and colorful.. found you from Twitter..

Karen Petitt said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Fantastic stamping and awesome use of colour - love it Shilpa - would make a lovely little box for a gift Karen x