For this month's project I decided to alter a piece of driftwood.
First off I painted some of the driftwood with white gesso to give me a base, but as I wanted the finished object to look slightly distressed I left some areas of the wood showing.
Next I adhered various found objects (broken jewellery, wooden decorations, beads, paper and fabric flowers) with a heavy glue medium and once set painted everything with whit gesso.
I then had a play with some green and gold paints until I had the result that I was looking for.
I added some turquoise beads and gold wax to enhance the paint effect.
I stamped a window from the Artistic Stamper Architecture set onto some card and coloured it in with watercolours.
Once dry, I glued the image to the piece of driftwood, added a quote sticker and a hanger made from rusty wire.