Today, I've two mini mixed media canvas to share with you. For that I've used Neil Walker designed lovely bird stamps.
I've worked on 4" square canvas. I couldn't take photos while making this...
here are the steps I followed for both.
1. Adhere text and music paper with gel medium on the canvas.
2. Apply thin coat of white gesso with palette knife.
3. Apply one color of acrylic paint, spread it with fingers. Dry it
4.Stamp with different types of texture and text stamps and archival inks.
5.Apply second color of acrylic paint spread it. Dry this layer.
6. Again stamp with different texture stamps (Artistic stamper has fabulous collection of texture stamps..check them here )
7. On another watercolor paper stamp the birds, color them with watercolors, fussy cut them.
8. On canvas, stamp the birds again with black archival ink and attach the fussy cut birds on it.
9.Lastly apply embossing paste through stencil randomly on the canvas.
Hope you followed my mixed media procedure for this canvas, if you have any questions, pls let me know
here are individual canvas photos
Products from Artistic stamper: