Friday 17 September 2010

Such Organisation! by Sarah Anderson


For a long time I've wanted to personalise my filofax. I've just got a new, smaller one, and although the red cover reflects my personality, I was determined to make it more 'me' inside too.



I resisted the use of the sewing machine as that would have made for a lumpy surface for writing on, and went for simple collages. I love the combination of white and cream so limited myself to this palette. I may add some colourful inserts at a later date though.


I adore this bird cage from the 'Free as a Bird' plate, it's so Victorian, and a great size! I combined it with images from the Ephemera 1 plate, which I note is on offer at the minute - and it has a British post card image [Something tells me 'post card' may be a popular image to use in the near future!]


I love how the numbers from the tape measure image look inside the clock face. There's a postmark in there too! I just masked the outside of the clock and stamped the images in the middle.


The 'post card' image seemed rather appropriate for the first of my address dividers! The butterflies and dragonfly feature on the 'Insects' plate.


My filofax is starting to come together, and certainly reflects some of the images I love :)

21 comments:

Sharon Huffman said...

That looks very nice and very neat.

Larisa said...

Great job!!! It looks so beautiful))

Scrapping With Sherry said...

How fun... Makes me want to get my old boring organizer out and get busy..

~Sherry

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

this looks so simple and clean.. thank you for showing :))

Helen said...

Stunning images.

Sew This N That said...

What a great job! Love the cream and black :)
*hugs* Heather x

Joanne said...

Such imagination, who would have thought to do that.
Luv Joanne xx

Lucy Edmondson said...

I love this, Sarah, right up my street!

Lucy x

Steve Morton said...

Great work and excellent pictures.

Your post is our featured blog post today on Philofaxy

http://philofaxy.blogspot.com/2010/09/creative-filofax-customising.html

Philofaxy - For the love of everything Filofax

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely idea! It looks brilliant Sarah!

Janeyc49 said...

Love those images, especially the birdcage - it all looks so 'sharp'.
Beautiful.

PlumTuckered's Paper Plays said...

This is gorgeous!!! Now I want to make one for myself LOL

Michelle

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH Sarah--these are super beautiful! I am inspired to change my tabs now!! LOVE those stamps! How fun it must be to put things in your date book now:) Love the feature too! Great job:) YOU ROCK!!

Netty said...

Terrific. x

Julie Ranae said...

Always a fan of Sarah's work and this is a terrific way to have fun with the day to day tasks that await!

Daniele said...

what a wonderful project....I'm playing with alchohol inks myself but not getting on with them very well, need to keep practising.... so your tutorial has helped tremendously
thanks

Siobhan Brignull said...

what a lovely job you are doing with the filofax

Sarah A said...

Ooh, not had a filofax for years but may have to treat myself as this looks great!

Sarah x

Karen said...

I've had a filofax ages and never thought of doing this: What a brilliant idea! Thank you.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

First I had to go and see what a "philafax" is...am not familiar with that, but I see it is like my "Daytimer", lol....beautiful book, great idea!

Annette said...

Oh my - so very gorgeous! Now I'm inspired to re-do my planner!