Wednesday 22 June 2011

Layer it on! By Tina Barnett

Hi Gang!

It's Tina here and I am back with another new Mabel Lucie Attwell stamp called "I'm forever blowing bubbles"! The stamp is by The Artistic Stamper .

There are a few layers in the card, starting with the base card, I took an 8 by 8 inch card and inked the edges with Tim Holtz distress ink . I then stamped over the top with a Calligraphic Matt back ground stamp from The Artistic Stamper
I used watercolour card to stamp my image on and then coloured it in the same Tim Holtz distress ink .
I then got some Tim Holtz Coredination card (have you tried this yet?! You have got to, it is brilliant!) I cut out 3 different squares and popped them through a cuttlebug with some embossing folders and then sanded off to get a wonderful effect.
Next came the layering up! When layering I added some Tim Holtz tissue tape . I then added some Tickets Buttons Grunge board and some raffier. When the card was put together I added a little Distress stickles and put some Glossy Accents on to the balloon.

Well I think that's it! Hope you liked looking.

See you next time.

Hugs

Tina xx

8 comments:

Helen said...

Tina, I love this card, all the layers look great.

Sid said...

Lovely creative piece !!

Neil said...

Love this! Not being a huge fan of the style of stamp I find myself looking differently at it now. Brilliant textures and layers and a just love the colours. Thanks for sharing!

Kat said...

Hi Tina,
great card,
love the green tones,
Kat.

Shazza said...

love this card Tina, such a cute image x

craftytrog said...

Fabulous grungy layering Tina! x

Hettie said...

This is gorgeous with all the layers. Mabel Lucie Atwell always takes me back to early years with certain pink biscuits in a tin with orange base!!! Happy Days!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fabulous piece, great layers.