Tuesday 7 June 2011

No.1 Dad by Nicky Cresswell

Good Morning Stampers, 
Sorry I missed you for the start of the month, I was a tad poorly but I'm here now and ready to share with you something perfect for fathers day
If your Dad is hard to buy for, then why not get him a giftcard and make this snazzy Matchbook Gift Card Holder to present it in.
I started by cutting a strip of black soot distress core'dinations card, I then folded it to the shape of a matchbook. I used one of my artful muse texture fades to emboss the old jalopy on both the back and front at the same time {mainly as there was no other way to do it with the way the folding is} I also embossed some lines to frame the whole piece and then lightly sanded with my sanding grip, and added words typed with my dymo to the bottom section.
I punched a circle in the top corner and then placed a stamped image behind to show through, I used the gentleman from the 'Men's plate' and shaded around his head with a grey copic once in place.
Next I created the wallet that houses the gift card from white card, and I stamped it all over with the journey scene from the 'Men's plate' I used my grey copic again to add a little detail to the center image and stapled in place using my tiny attacher.
 I made the little card that holds the giftcard itself, adding a bit of ribbon for easy withdrawal.
 Just a quick message stamped using the mini scrabble tile alphabet from the 'scrabble & tags plate'
And a couple of slits to hold the card in place and jobs a good'en!
A light sanding of the back was all that was needed to finish it off.
Sorry I didn't manage step by step instructions, I ran out of time, however if you need dimensions I got all my instructions by following a video on You Tube, just do a search for matchbooks.
Thanks for stopping by, Until next time...
Stay Inky


5 comments:

Sid said...

Great idea for a Fathers Day gift !!

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is fab. What a great idea! Sorry you've been poorly. Hope you are A OK soon,

Lucy x

Kat said...

what a fab creation,
sorry you have been under the weather, glad you are back,
Kat.

craftytrog said...

This is so cool! Love it! xx

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

wow! cool use of the stamps, and embossing folders. :))