Saturday 10 March 2012

Admit One by Emma

Hello everyone!

I can't believe how fast March is flying by...this year is going so quickly and it's already that time of the month for me to share my latest creation with you all...I hope you like it!
I began by making a box from plain white cardboard, which I covered in Antique Linen and Vintage Photo Distress Stains. Next, I used the Gadget Gears and Weathered Clock Alterations Dies and die cut pieces of chipboard which I then covered in Versamark. I embossed the clock with a gold embossing powder and the gears with, Peeled Paint, Distress Embossing Powder, mixed with a little of the gold powder. To tone down the brightness, I rubbed a black Stazon ink pad over the top of the embossed chipboard pieces.
Next, I inked up the Europe Stamp with Vintage Photo DI and stamped onto a piece of card, which I'd already blended with Antique Linen and Brushed Corduroy DI. I then stamped the "Voyage" wording from the Travelling Words stamp plate and the hand and the "Admit One" ticket from the Tim Holtz Steampunk stamp set onto some more of the cardstock and cut them out.
I made a rosette from some paper in my stash, using the Decorative Strip Rosette and then, together with my embossed die cut clock and one of the gadget gears, I layered each piece to build up my clockface, on the front of the box. I attached the hands of the clock, using a brad from my stash and adhered them in the centre, making sure that they can move around freely.
I arranged the pieces that I had stamped earlier and stuck them onto the box, together with the embossed gadget gears.

Finally, I die cut the "Journey" wording using a Tim Holtz Alterations die, covered them with Glossy Accents and then added them to the front of my box.
So, that's about it from me and thanks for stopping by to take a look!
Don't forget that we have still have our TRAVEL Challenge running throughout March on the blog and we would love you to join in and to see all your fabulous creations.

See you again soon and I hope you have a lovely day, full of creativity.
Emma x

12 comments:

Ana K. said...

Your box is awesome, i like everything, colors, distress look,..!
Sunny hello from Slovenia!

Catherine SIWCZAK said...

love this rusty clock !!!

Rita said...

What a Fabulous box Emma. The colours are beautiful and I love the vintage look you have given it too. Have a lovely week-end. Hugs Rita xxx

Helen said...

Love the box, all your gears and cogs.

Sid said...

Fab layering and love the effect !!

craftytrog said...

Ooh! Lovely grungy piece Emma! x

Carol said...

That is so beautful, I love steampunk and you made it such nice colours.

Kirsten Alicia said...

So gorgeous!!

Shelly Hickox said...

Insanely cool! Love the way you stacked the gears.

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA, this is fantastical! I love it!!!

Kat said...

what a stunning box
love the colours,
truly amazing Emma xxx

Janny Jager said...

Wowwwwwww this is beautiful Emma
Love it very much.

Greetings Janny