Friday 20 April 2012

Friends Together by Emma


Hi everyone!

I hope you've all had a lovely week and now, you're looking forward to the weekend. I'm here to share my final post of the month and today's creation is a tent card featuring another of the gorgeous Mabel Lucie Attwell stamps. I hope you like it...
To begin with, I made the tent shape from black card. I then inked the "It's My Balloon" stamp with black Archival ink and stamped onto watercolour card, before handpainting the image using Distress Marker Pens, scribbled onto an acrylic block and applied with a water brush. I blended Antique Linen Distress Ink around the edges for an aged look and then matted it onto layers of black and cream card before attaching it to the front, folded section of my tent card.
I embossed some cream card, (blended with some more Antique Linen DI) using the Harlequin Crafter's Workshop Templates and then with the stencil still in place, I blended Stormy Sky DI through the stencil. Remove the stencil, distress and tear the edges of the cardstock and matt onto some black card. Add Vintage Photo DI to the distressed edges. I then attached the completed background to the back of my tent card.
I added some words from Tim Holtz's Chit Chat Stickers and a paper roll to the bottom of the card. Finally, I dyed some cream seam binding using Chipped Sapphire Distress Stain, tied it into a bow with some twine and added it to my card for decoration, together with some buttons.
Thank you for stopping by to take a look and I always love to read all your comments and can't thank you enough for taking the time to leave them!

Don't forget that we still have our DT call, which you can find details of HERE and you have until the 30th April to contact us!!
Have a lovely creative weekend.
See you soon.
Emma x

11 comments:

Dragon said...

AWWWWW!!! I am feeling SO nostalgic!!! I have the original book where this image came from, one of my old MLA annuals. The colours were either green and white or yellow and white in those days!!! OO it takes me back... I LOVE your tent card, Emma
Frankie
xx

Crafting Queen said...

Adorable card.

Inkypinkycraft said...

This is great, love the soft way you have used the markers to colour/watercolour the image...beautiful.hugs trace x

Sid said...

Lovely card !!

Astrid Maclean said...

Gorgeous card, such a sweet image and beautiful colouring with those distress markers!

Vick said...

Absolutely love this card Emma, i love the vintage look of it, and the toned down colours and composition you have used, very lovely indeed!! Hugs Vick,

the-artful-codger.blogspot.com
YT vixcrafts

Anonymous said...

Fabulous as usual Emma! Love the unusual card shape,.
xx

Janny Jager said...

Vey beautiful and cut card you made Emma
Lovely colors.

Greetings Janny

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...loVely card Emma...the innocence of yesteryear beautifully shaded...Mel :)

craftytrog said...

Wonderfully stamped & coloured Emma! A gorgeous & clever card! xox

Artyjen said...

How delighful ;) Love the different construction of your base card.
xoxo sioux